Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Size: L - 28 cm|Change

on 21 March 2015
My syrian hamster is OBSESSED with his new Trixie wheel. I decided to buy one as the silent spinner he has is too small for him now and he was having to arch his back to use it. This looked uncomfortable for him so I got this beast! ......he just loves it!!! I got it to go in the cage but I must have miscalculated the dimensions as it won't fit (measure carefully folks...this wheel is HUGE!!!!!).....but, I use it when he comes out of his cage to play and he's never out of it!!! He's actually chomping at the bit to get out of his cage at night now to go in it...as soon as he's out, he runs to his wheel and apart from the odd 10 second rest, he runs and runs in it. I've attached a pic! Get one...your hammy will love you for it!!
review image
on 30 April 2014
Even tho my hamster had so many toys, chews, tunnels, etc My hamster was constantly biting the bars on his cage which drove us mad after searching the Internet we realised that the wheel that came with the cage was so small for him that he was arching his back and that he stopped liking that wheel so we brought this wheel to see if this would help our hamster and OMG he loves it :) he has actually stopped biting the bars and is constantly on this wheel I even find him sleeping in it when he's resting to then start running all over again.... so cute to watch him - I actually think we have a happy hammie :D anyone who has a hamster and don't have one of these seriously needs to consider getting one it's amazing your hammie will love you for it.... it's the best thing I've ever brought and well worth the money....
on 8 December 2012
Best buy ever!!!! Perfect size for a Syrian. (20cm / 8" diameter ). She had a silent spinner before 6.5" but her back was arched and she kept falling out therefore had little interest in it. She loves this one though. Sleeps ALL day and up ALL night on her amazing new wheel. She can't get enough of it. It's really, really quiet too so you can watch the TV without a constant thundering noise going on in the background. The fact that its partly enclosed gives her a wee bit of privacy too, and both Ginger and I love the Ferrari red.
Go on...get one... Your hamster will love you even more.
on 8 April 2011
Very good wheel lasted much longer than any other one i have bought.Had to order another one as my degus were fighting over it good prompt delivery very happy
on 24 February 2014
I have three syrian hamsters - two are rather large even by syrian standards and the third who is rather small. All use to have wheels that came with their cages, but we couldn't heear ourselves think, as they we're so loud and even our small hammy had to arch his back to run! I saw these and decided that even if they aren't quiet they'll be a good size so I'll give it a go.
I couldn't be more pleased to say how quiet they really are, even with all three hammies running away you can still hear yourself think! They don't rattle like normal wheels even when attached to the bars, I personally use the stands as it makes it easier to put into the cages as they can go anywhere, it's nice that it comes with a stand as a lot of wheels don't come with stands and the ones that do cost a small fortune.
I cannot fault these wheels at all, I have two in this size and one in the larger - it just about fits into the savic hamster heaven.
I highly recommend getting one if you have a syrian, my hamsters hardly play with anything else now.
Fast delivery as well ordered on Thursday night and they were delivered on Monday!
on 24 July 2015
This wheel is great, and my hamster adores it! Whilst it isn't 100% silent, it is certainly very quiet and I am able to sleep no problem with her spinning on it in my bedroom unlike her old wheel that clattered and banged against her cage. Whilst I probably could have gotten away with the smaller wheel as fudge is quite a small Syrian, I am glad I got the bigger one, but make sure you measure cage beforehand as it is massive! I couldn't believe how big it was when it arrived! The wheel itself when on the stand is pretty sturdy although it doesn't stop my hamster from climbing behind it as it can be moved quite easily, another thing to note is that the wheel doesn't seem to be able of its stand which isn't a massive problem as it can be placed anywhere in the cage. The plastic also appears to be a little on the thin side but seems to be holding up well and can be cleaned easily which is great for those who like to poo in their wheels! As the plastic is thinner, it also makes the wheel a little lighter meaning the hamster is able to spin easier in it
All in all it is a great value wheel that is one of the best things I have bought for my hamster and would recommend to everyone! Thanks Amazon!
review image
on 23 July 2014
Quieter than silent wheels I've had - I can barely hear this one when I'm in the same room!
The clip is more sturdy than those on silent wheels too (I've had 2 snapped clips on these where the clip joins onto the wheel) but it is 1cm wide - our cage bars are 0.5cm apart so it was a real squeeze to force it through the metal bars and then twist it to secure it. I also had to clip a couple of mini bulldog clips over two of the bars underneath the clip to prevent it sliding down - a bit of a faff, but it's fine now. Now it's on it's staying on though - I'm going to clean it in situ!
The drum of the wheel is quite flimsy & flexible, so you do need to have the front bit clipped on to make it more stable - I was worried our hamster might not like that, but he's had no problem with it and loves it. The fact that it's a bit bigger than the 6 inch silent wheels also helps - his back is staighterthis. Do bear in mind that, if you are unable to secure the wheel to the bars, you'll need to use the stand, which will obviously make the contraption taller than 20cm.
Despite the slight difficulty fitting it, I'm giving it 5 stars because it's cheaper than the "silent" wheels that I've had, its better for the hamster and it's quieter.
on 7 August 2015
The wheel is cool (sadly not adjustable in height) mind arrived fast but was tilted forward ever so slightly meaning a struggle for my piggie to get a decent go at it. Without front part on, the weight of the piggie bows it a bit so they slide, also it is very noisy without that piece on! So have to keep it as it is with the front on.

After a gentle muscle of the back and bottom bar peice i corrected the slant and now my piggie trots away in it for hours on end! He is a runt sized so fits its narrow fit fine currently, but if he gets bigger will have to replace.

Tried our other piggie in it (3yrs old 400g-ish) and she struggled to get in and couldnt really use it.
on 29 August 2013
perfect for rats i have 2 one likes it more tann the other, but rats are night animals , lights off and immediatally they are up running around. i would advise a change around of cage toys weekly, they are very d inteligent and like change, mix it up a little.exellent product worth the money, they love it.
on 29 January 2014
I've tried a lot of different wheels but this one is by far the best one I've had! Super quiet and a perfect size for my Syrian hammy Dexter. And such a good price. I cannot recommend it highly enough!