- Paperback: 250 pages
- Publisher: Paul Dry Books, Inc; Reissue edition (1 Jan. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0967967503
- ISBN-13: 978-0967967509
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 2.3 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 69,529 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Trivium: The Liberal Arts of Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric Paperback – 1 Jan 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
""The Trivium"is a highly recommended and welcome contribution to any serious and dedicated writer's reference collection.""Midwest Book Review""
"The Trivium is a highly recommended and welcome contribution to any serious and dedicated writer's reference collection."--Midwest Book Review
-The Trivium is a highly recommended and welcome contribution to any serious and dedicated writer's reference collection.---Midwest Book Review
About the Author
Sister Miriam Joseph (1898-1982) earned her doctorate from Columbia University. A member of the Sisters of the Holy Cross, Sister Miriam was professor of English at Saint Mary's College from 1931 to 1960. She was also the author of Shakespeare's Use of the Arts of Language and many articles on Shakespeare and on the trivium.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is a shame, as it may put off people from learning the Trivium, which is as special as it is important.
Everybody should read this book and then delve deeper into logic, rhetoric and grammar before they even think about learning anything. As a teacher, I am appalled that nobody has mentioned the trivium as a method to help children learn.
The material is dense and I had to look up many terms but it is worth sticking with. The whole point of the trivium is to make all learning more effective and with such a valuable reward, you have to put in the effort.
I cannot recommend this book enough.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A must have book! After reading and learning the principles of this book, most people wouldn't be able to pull the wool over your eyes with their subjective and over-emotional... Read morePublished 7 months ago by MR. A
Not what I was expecting, too cold and academic. Will still study it.Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very interesting and informative - This book takes some studying, but it's worth persevering with none the less. Read morePublished 24 months ago by James
love the book i cant be-leave how easy it is to get the bookPublished on 1 April 2015 by gayle tipton
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Strategies & Policy
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences