on 17 March 2014
I bought these for my elder son to play games on as I was fed up hearing the noise of gunfire etc in my flat. Okay I can still hear him screaming to his mates on the mike but the continual noise has gone thanks to the well padded ear pieces.

I thought I would give it a go and the sound on games such as Battlefield 4 and COD Ghosts is fantastic and much better than just using a TV.

Definitely worth the money and you could buy 5 sets of these for the cost of one of the more expensive headsets and I doubt the incremental increase in quality would justify the extra price.
on 6 July 2014
Brilliant headset. By far the best I have ever bought. Don't let the price put you off this is a quality headset and the fact u need no batteries or anything to power it make it amazing. A must buy for any gamer
on 11 November 2015
i got these september of 2014 for my ps4 and i have to say i really surprised how long they have lasted.

when i first got the headset out the box i cant say i was impressed, it looked tight, mic looked flimsy and so on
sound quality was good and everyone online could hear me perfectly fine (it also cut out most if not all background noise)
it plugged right into the controller (for ps4) and its good to use, with the mute button always easy to grab/find and volume control too.
BUT it is tight around your head and sometimes it begins to hurt if you have them on for over a hour or so.
over all though i only got them thinking they would stop working after 4-6 months but i still have them a year later and they still work fine even though i haven't treated them with the up most care.
as for wearing them for a long time, just take a 10 minute break from games and then go back if you want too

pros

mic is good and cuts off most if not all background noise
sound quality is desent
easy to use and mute yourself or control volume

cons

can hurt after a hour or so.
on 14 July 2015
I bought these to replace the joke of a mono headset that comes with the PS4 system. I didn't want to spend too much, or have a long USB lead trailing over my living room floor so these looked ideal with the simple 3.5mm jack connection.

They arrived the next day and at first I was impressed. The sound quality is good and people over party chat said I sounded clear to them. However, the 'over ear' ear pieces are incredibly small and so didn't fit fully over my ears. I'm no elephant and have fairly standard ears for a human adult male. After about 10 minutes I couldn't wear them any more - they became so uncomfortable and painful.

Might be ok for a child, but useless for an adult.

Refunded and got the official Sony gold wireless headset. Worth the extra money.
on 25 May 2015
from what I hear from my friends I play ps4 with I sound crisp and clear I tested the sound of my mic through testing the sound while in parties and I think I sound very clear too, it's very lightweight, very compatible for different head sizes, I got the white version but it looks great/well presented, background noise cancelling which I really like cause I get hot while playing ps4 so I have to turn on my fan and they can't hear it when it's on. The only cons I have with this.. So far that I've noticed over the past 2 months is that if you don't want all audio coming into the headsets so you just want the party chat in your headphones it only comes out of one ear and I've only had this headset for 2 months and I haven't stepped on anything or my cat did anything to the wires also the mic stem is bendy but not too bendy I have a specific place for my mic to be but if I put it there it moves back to its boundaries as it cannot stretch too far around also my friends say they hear a slight echo when they speak and it's from my headphones on the bright side it's very decent for its price so it's nothing too bad that I can't handle sooo (read title)
review image review image
These were my first headphones for the PS4. Although they work fine, sound is great and the microphone picks everything up, after 40 minutes they start to hurt my ears, as the pads rest on them. Your ears do not fit inside the cups making them unusable after long periods of use.

If you only use them for a short while, they are great. If you are into long gaming sessions, look elsewhere.
on 24 March 2016
Bought these a couple of years ago now for my ps4 but only got chance to write a review for them, if your looking for a cheap headset with really good sound then these will do the job & sound better than the more expensive headsets. People go out & buy some ridiculous expensive headsets, if you want to save some pennies for something else ie, a game, then just buy this headset you won't be disappointed
on 15 August 2015
Really impressed with these. Only used them a few nights, but the sound quality is really good. Playing GTA V and listening to spotify via my PS4 is really good. Note used the mic yet but very happy with the rest..

** Update after 6 months **

Well after 6 months and a few fairly lengthy Fallout 4 sessions I'm still fairly happy with these but I find that after a couple of hours of gaming, they make the tops and bottoms of my ears ache to the point where I have to stop using them. Maybe my ears are just a little too big for them.
on 22 January 2016
I wanted to rave about these in the same way that everybody else has however let's be clear, let's be very clear - they are £20. The old adage of get what you pay for is not necessarily true though, as these headphones offer a little more substance than some similarly priced models. What I would say though is I went from using the Sony PulseSony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3) which offer an amazing 7.1 channel virtual surround sound, perfect for FPS like Battlefield 4 and hearing the minutae of advancing soldier feet, to these rather tinny, lifeless cans.

They do a job and they do it ok. I'm still using them as I look for an alternative to the Sony Pulse but boy I miss the big, dynamic soundscapes that I got previously. If you are buying for a careless teenager then go ahead. If you are a serious gamer that relies on naunces in sound and audio cues to trigger an action then look elsewhere. I miss the sound of approaching footsteps and so does my K/D.
on 25 November 2015
I can't praise these headphones enough. Brilliant sound. The mic works really well. Use these on conference calls (at work) on a mobile phone, and on the PS4 (online gaming). Seamless on both. Stop reading other reviews and buy them!!!! Trust me. For £20 you can't go wrong.