Size: 10.5kW|Change

on 17 May 2014
I purchased this shower for my sister-in-law as a replacement after her original shower expired. I chose a Triton as I have had them before and been pleased with their custom service. The fitting was straight forward enough as the wiring and plumbing were already in place and only minor modification was required. Electric showers will never produce the same performance as a power shower where there is a constant supply of hot water. My sister-in-law was very happy with the improved performance over her previous 8.5kW shower. However, after only a few days use, the circuit breaker started playing up so that the water was not heating up. Triton sent someone out within a week, who confirmed that there was a problem with the circuit breaker and replaced it without any quibble and it has been working perfectly since over the last month. The man from Triton said she could get a 3 year extended guarantee for about £60 which she did. She saved £60 buying the unit on Amazon compared to Argos for the same unit, so effectively got the 3 year guarantee for nothing! I would have given 5 stars but I have knocked a star off for the circuit breaker being faulty (although it tested Triton's aftercare service which proved to be excellent!) So all in all, a nice looking unit at a good price which does the job well
on 13 April 2013
I bought this because my old Triton Jade packed up. The good thing about the Jade was that parts (valve, seals, etc.) are usually available cheaply from ebay, as long as the sealed heater doesn't go faulty. But this time, the heater did go and so I bought this one, as it was down for a good price.

The good news was as I suspected, this is exactly the same size as the Jade, with the power connection and water inlet pipe being in the same place. So easy to replace the Jade with this Martinique. Looking in side the thing, the heater unit looks exactly the same as the Jades, with all the wiring and switches being replaced with one electronic board with relays (mounted on the PCB).

The relays aren't sealed/covered. This does give the advantage that in the future, if the contacts become corroded (as I suspect they will, as they really SPARK when they're activated) it'll be easy to clean them. It just makes the whole thing more dangerous if water ever leaks from the heater unit!! When in use, it's pretty much the same as the Jade. I expect this will die sooner than the Jade, as electronics (the PCB is completely open inside, no screening/cover etc.) don't really mix with heat/moisture/steam etc.)

The only real thing that's annoying about the Martinique is the chrome panel on it's front. It looks good, until you use it :-) . Every single drop of water that touched it will leave a water mark on it's surface. So if anyone has a 3D printer and scanner and wants to make a new one in white plastic, then let me know, because I'll buy it.

Hope this helps someone.
on 3 July 2010
When my old Triton 'Opal' shower failed, this 'Martinique' was the ideal replacement, as it is in effect identical in structure. No new holes to drill and it fits the existing plumbing. Works just fine too.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2011
Size: 9.5kW|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Sleek white hard plastic unit with a silver coloured centre panel slightly crescent shaped, which contains a stop button and temperature control dial that you can turn between 1 and 10. There are also 3 control buttons that allow you to select `High; Cold and Economy' heating ranges.

The unit measures 13½" tall by 8" wide and stands about 3½" away from the wall. (4 ½" if you include the temperature dial). The shower head is white and about 4" diameter, it attaches to the unit with a silver coloured flexible pipe and is held on a `Riser rail' which consists of a silver coloured metal pole with white hard plastic curved shaped ends that screw to the wall, A white soap tray is also included as well as fixing screws but a couple of raw plugs were missing that would have been useful. There are easily accessible screw holes to attach the shower unit to the wall.

(The manufacturer gives dimensions as:- Height -338mm; Width - 208mm; Depth-95mm).

The water inlet connection is 15mm diameter and the outlet connection is ½" BSP male thread. Entry points for the water can be at the bottom or back of the unit. The shower must be connected to a mains water supply with a minimum running pressure of 100kPa (10 bar). The water supply can be taken from a cold water storage cistern provided there is a minimum head of ten meters above the shower head. It must be an independent supply to the shower only.

The nominal power rating at 240V 9.5kW - (40A MCB rating). Cable can be top or back of the unit. The splash proof rating is IPX4 and complies with the current British and European safety standards for household electrical appliances. The unit needs a pull cord isolating switch.

The shower works by pressing any of the three buttons (High; Cold; Economy) and the temperature can be turned up or down with the dial although the shower slows down when you select a higher temperature it is still a decent spray.

Full instructions are included which are easy to follow.

Only one fault is the amount of cardboard packaging used to transport the shower was a bit over the top, it came in a box within a box - two large boxes with brown paper padding, I'm sure that bubble wrap and one box would have protected the unit well enough.
on 20 April 2010
Bought one of these for my mum and it is an excellent piece of kit. The front of this shower is a highly stylish chrome and white finish which matched my mum's bathroom perfectly. The lines are simple and stylishly slim, I know it's only a shower but it really is pleasing on the eye; much better than my fat square box on the wall!! The connections were easy to make and the shower performance is superb, the water temperature is good even in the cold weather. but it is a 9.5kw model so has much better heating power and flow than my old 7.8kw model. I would recommend this to anybody who wants a good looking shower and/or a shower with superb performance. My Triton has given me years of good service, I'm sure this will do the same for my mum.
on 30 December 2011
Not so much of a review as its only been fitted for a week. Just want to give my experience up to now. My Triton Opal 3 packed up on the 23rd December. After checking local stores for a quick replacement there were none to be found. Never would have imagined Amazon would come up trumps! Ordered in the afternoon of the 23rd and delivered first thing 24th.. Fitted by 11am, showered by 11.15am! The quality of the shower I can not fault. It looks much nicer than the Opal 3 and fitting including removal of the old unit took no more than 15 minutes and included knocking a bit of plastic out of the back to accommodate the wiring coming in from the rear and having to put a washer on the screw holding the main unit to the wall as it was very slightly out of line and saved me drilling another hole. The hand rail is the same size as the Opal 3 so was any easy change over. The shower head is just fine, I think 3 settings from jet to spray which is just fine. Only problem up to now is the pipe is not long enough so I will be changing that back to the old one which I had bought separate to the opal 3 anyway as that one wasn't long enough.
Hope this helps someone if you're looking to do the same or even looking at a new shower. Can't go wrong at the price.
on 15 February 2011
This Shower Is An Excellent Replacement For My Old Triton T100i Opal Which Has Served Me Well For 15 Years!!!!
All Fittings Etc Are Exactly Same Replaced In 20Mins Recommended Shower!
on 26 December 2015
I had bought this shower in June 2014 and waited about a year to install it.....not because I am lazy but because I had to work most weekends and never had a complete day off to do all the work as I had to drill through walls etc to connect into my Distribution Board.

Anyway I go off at a tangent.....After installed it worked for about 3 months, not really that great to be honest but it was a shower and did the job. Over the last 2 weeks it has not been able to heat the water properly and I am mad as anything. Wish I had looked at previous reviews on this.....I have learned my lesson and will not buy a triton shower again. Poor quality and poor product overall. It even seems to stop the water flow to its inability to heat it properly and believe me it is not that great.
________________________________________________________________________

ADDED 25/03/2016

I had to edit my comment here as I phoned Triton and they sent out an engineer and fixed the shower.....I had not realised that it had a 2 year warranty....it is working great now and I have no problem with it now......so I would add that they gave me a really good customer service and maybe I should have waited until I gave them a chance to sort it....4 stars as it did not work for that long but hey they made up for it with their fast customer service and I had an engineer out within a couple of days and it works very well now. Fixed on warranty
on 3 May 2016
If you have a similar shower already in place and you are just changing it for a newer model, its as easy as changing a plug.
This was a real easy shower to fit , it went straight into the position of my old triton, which was a Triton Bezique. on the reviews I read before I bought a couple of people were saying that the chrome finish was easy marked, I've had no such problems just wipe it down after you have had your shower. SIMPLES as Oleg would say..
My only gripe is the shower head we used the old one
on 31 January 2011
Following a call to Triton customer services I decided that a replacement as most cost effective solution to fault finding and cost of (expensive)replacement parts.

Advised that Martinique was direct update of Opal 1 shower and this proved to be absolutely correct. Position of electrical and water main connections made for a simple changeover - even the backplate fixing holes identical.

Had considered uprating to larger unit but chose not as that would have involved change of RCBO/MCB supply unit from 40 > 45 amps but not disappointed with 9.5 kW, which is very effective and the updated showerhead allows some useful spray variations for personal preference.

Have gone with an extended warranty of 5 years which looks quite good value against cost of any replacement parts for even a single problem.