Customer reviews

on 23 June 2014
I play this game a lot, so really I have to give it a good rating. It's a third-person shooter combined with an MMO. If you're into shooting other player's characters in the head and yelling abuse over a headset then you should (get a life and) go find another game. The action is all in the PvE.

The "interesting" thing here is that content added to the game links in with the TV series Defiance, and vice versa. You get to meet the TV characters in game, and it seems that we'll soon be seeing some originally game characters turning up in the show.

The game recently went Free to Play (or Now Safe For Wallets, as they put it, or Pay-to-Win as some of the forum folks have called it) on PC which has resulted in an influx in players without a clue. It has, however, reduced the negative effects of recent gameplay changes since you're less likely to find yourself fighting alongside much higher level characters.

If you give it a go (and it is free) make sure you hit up a Major Arkfall. They are insane, usually good fun, and the rewards are huge. The gameplay is fast-paced, the primary mission arcs are generally good, but the side missions are just methods of grabbing stuff; I'm an obsessed roleplayer and even I just click through the text, go to the waypoints, and kill the mobs.

Summary: It must have something. I've been playing it constantly for a year on 360. The PC version is better.
on 15 December 2016
Enjoy playing this game. Almost 2 years playing now, and I buy the game for extra accounts I have.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 October 2013
I brought this for my partner and he hasn't stopped playing on it yet so its one of the best games hes played in a while.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse