on 13 June 2014
Great read, couldn't stop reading. This book has everything emotion, humour and determination. 33 different chapter authors, 33 great perspectives.
Triathlon it certainly hurts but this just shows how much it means to each and everyone of them.
on 25 August 2016
I have just signed up for Bolton Ironman 2017, so all the various stories of people doing their first Ironman resonate with me, as this will be my debut Ironman. Would love to have been part of Dr Justin's study..sounded a blast. Great read for any aspiring triathlete.
on 16 October 2015
Liked this more than I thought I would. Some great stories on the whole but did get a little samey in places. It's inspired me to get back into Tri after an 8 year break, for which I very much appreciate.
on 4 March 2015
Whether you have completed a triathlon (of any distance) plan to complete one or never intend to, this book is truly inspirational. The journeys of all the motivated and determined individuals who took on the challenge of the ironman, reading about the pain, laughter and everything in between.
on 3 February 2015
Great book - We sponsored these guys and watched them grow over the 10 months it was amazing the book just touches the surfaces of what they went through. Our staff went to watch the race and everyone of these guy have chanced our lives so much thank you to everyone of you alipurkiss@me.com
on 10 May 2015
This book is made up of individual stories whilst on the road to completing a iron distance triathlon. You are taken on the highs and lows of training and event and you can't help but be inspired to give a triathlon a go.
on 12 August 2014
After completing one Olympic and one half ironman my wife said unknowingly that I should do a full Ironman. At the same time I downloaded this book. After reading this I feel it has saved me making a big mistake as the training story's are so gruelling and detailed I know now this year is too early with a young family and new career. But also the story's are inspiring and make me want to get out there and achieve something incredible. 2 years and I will use this book as a tool to achieve that goal. Great read.
on 2 August 2014
Really loved this book an excellent read I would thoroughly recommend it
on 6 August 2014
funny, sad, pain, joy, and helping a charity if you buy it
on 8 October 2014