Colour Name: Versailles|Change
Price:£29.99

VINE VOICEon 27 October 2012
After searching all over Amazon for a cover for my Kindle Fire HD i came across this one. It looked perfect! So off i went to Waterstones to see if they had one. All they had was a black, pink or purple case. Looked rather tacky to me so i came away with nothing. Back to Amazon. Looked up the covers and came across this little beauty. Ordered it late last night and it arrived this morning. Very pleased indeed. Its very stylish, very strong and it seems to protect my kindle well enough. Yes i dropped my Kindle. But it protected it well enough. Ive found that it will stand up to read a book and you can even stand it to watch a movie. One very happy customer indeed. Thanks Verso for this Damask cover.
on 8 January 2013
This is a nice looking product, but really all it is, is a notebook with the paper torn out - I certainly would not recommend it to hold your brand new Kindle Fire. I have just returned mine, given it's price point and the fact that I bought two other different cases on Amazon for both my husband and daughter for their Kindles (should have just ordered one of those), both of which were half the price of this one and far superior, I would not recommend it at all.

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a case, but I think one of the most important features you want is the ability for your case to put your Kindle to sleep/awake when you close or open the lid - this does not have that feature. It's also very cheaply made and honestly I think you would find your Kindle slipping out onto the floor eventually, I am not sure what is 'patent pending' on this design - but trust me, it's basic black elastic at four corners.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2013
Bought this as it looked very professional but it was a pain to use. Sent it back and ordered a cover that switches my Kindle off/on when I open/close the cover.
on 8 February 2013
This case protects my Kindel well. The vibrant colour makes it easy to find amongst our other kindels. I really like the textured pattern.
on 11 February 2013
When I chose this item, I missed a crucial detail: there is no way to keep this cover closed. Considering the high price, I can't believe they couldn't be bothered to put some kind of snap or something to keep it closed when it's in my bag, backpack, etc.

Also, I wanted to keep a small notepad (nothing thick) in this case, but the pocket isn't really made for more than a few pages.

If you want a cover to make your Kindle Fire look pretty, this will do, but if you're expecting anything else, you'll be disappointed.

I prefer the Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover by Marware -- it's less expensive , and far more practical/useful.
on 4 January 2013
Although its nice to look at, not at all fit for purpose. The only way the kindle fire is to be made secure is by four thin corner straps. I sent it back, as i found a much better product for a much better price from a seller on amazon, which came with pen and protective screen as well as having a prop up feature - this was only around £14! a much better price than the outrageous £34.95!!
on 24 September 2013
It is not as secure as I would have liked, the bands holding it at the corner feel very insecure and being partially across the screen obscure the corners. It has slipped out of its own accord a couple of times.
on 27 October 2012
this kindle cover, made especially for the new kindle fire, is contemporary with a touch of vintage thrown in. I like it as it doesn't immediately strike as being what it is
on 28 December 2014
Does not allow for charging, does not turn kindle on/off, does not have storage for stylus.
on 6 January 2013
Most of the covers I have seen look cheap and tacky, this looks a little more classy. It has an old fashioned cloth backed book look about it and protects my kindle, the 'spine' in black 'leather look' plastic spoils it somewhat. I do feel that the price is a little steep for what is, after all, only a fabric covered bit of cardboard with less than half a yard of knicker elastic! £20 would be nearer the mark I think.