The Travels of Ibn Battuta (Travel + Exploration) Paperback – 1 Jul 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Lee has a master's degree in third world studies and has completed a doctoral study in church and biblical leadership form the University of Leiden.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
However, despite these points, I think the book has some rare insights into the geography, history and travel in the period Ibn Battuta (IB) lived. Overall, I think it is a useful source book for students and scholars with the minus points of being a bit awkward to read and you need to be really interested in it, to get your full attention and if it was written a bit more simply then it would get over this problem!
As I have mentioned, the book by H.A.R Gibb is very good and I would also add that Ross E. Dunn is also excellent in covering the travels of Ibn Battuta. Finally, several books by Tim Mackintosh-Smith on IB seem to be great - on reading the reviews on Amazon.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Discovery & Exploration
- Books > History > Reference > Geographical History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing