Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Travel, Trade and Power in the Atlantic, 1765-1884 (Camden Fifth Series) Hardcover – 6 Mar 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This Miscellany publishes the correspondence of Simon Taylor, 1765–1775, on the management of the Jamaican estates of British M.P. Chaloner Arcedekne and a description of three voyages made by John Langdon to Africa in the early 1880s that illuminate life on board a ship and Bristol and its merchants.
About the Author
Martin Lynn is Professor of African History at Queens University of Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Betty Wood is lecturer in history at Girton College, Cambridge University.
Top Customer Reviews
The Taylor letters occupy half the volume. The rest is made up of a record of three nineteenth century voyages to West Africa by a Bristolian, John Langdon, (1864-1937)which is held in Bristol, preceded by a valuable introduction and full of detail.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Production & Quality Control
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Central America & Caribbean
- Books > Science & Nature
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Caribbean > Jamaica