- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Trauma-Informed Practices With Children and Adolescents Paperback – 28 Nov 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Trauma-Informed Practices With Children and Adolescents deepens clinicians’ understanding of the effects of trauma on children and adolescents. It effectively translates the theory into helpful practice strategies, with an emphasis on the use of expressive therapies. Case vignettes and commentaries from noted trauma experts, in addition to the extensive experience of the authors, help make this book an in-depth exploration of helping practices that acknowledge individual resiliency and the possibility of transformative growth after trauma." ―Nancy Boyd Webb, DSW, LICSW, RPT-S, distinguished professor of social work emerita at Fordham University
"Trauma-Informed Practices With Children and Adolescents is an essential resource for any treatment provider committed to using effective assessment and intervention strategies in work with traumatized youth. The wisdom within this work will support the care of many trauma-exposed youths for years to come." ―Robert Foltz, PsyD, assistant professor of clinical psychology at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
"Now perceived as mainstream, the use of trauma-informed practices with children was pioneered years ago by Steele and Malchiodi. Their new book is a gift for those interested in the history and best practices with children and their families." ―Charles R. Figley, PhD, the Paul Henry Kurzweg Distinguished Chair in Disaster Mental Health at Tulane University
"William Steele and Cathy Malchiodi are seasoned and respected clinicians, trainers, teachers, and researchers in the fields of art therapy and counseling. In Trauma-Informed Practices With Children and Adolescents, they have done a great service to the community of providers who respond to the needs of traumatized children and adolescents in family, agency, school, and community settings. This is an integrated guide to assessment and intervention, one that demonstrates best practices that go beyond cognitive interventions to reach children at a sensory level, helping them to feel more safe, empowered, in control of themselves, and related to others. This book should be used in all mental-health training programs."
―Susan Gere, PhD, director, division of counseling and psychology, Lesley University
"This book was really helpful for me in its clarity of purpose, offering many opportunities for fuure study and a reminder to trust my clients and hold hope." - Tracey Richardson, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Children & Young People, June 2012
"This book, a collection of writings by more than 20 professionals of different origin, introduces a particular and authentic therapeutic approach in dealing with traumatized children and adolescents. Breaking the mould and taking interdisciplinarity as a basis, the authors give a profound introduction into the ‘‘holistic’’ experience of trauma in young individuals. …All in all, it took me a bit of time to work through this book, but now I conﬁdently want to recommend its lecture. It may serve not only as a guideline for specialists, but also as a reference book for those who repeatedly come in contact with this complex theme of childhood trauma or alternatively intend to get more specialized in it."
―Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry (2013)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z