Customer reviews

Transient
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 September 2017
Another outstanding album from Naked Music. In 2004, it was Gaelle Adisson's turn to hit the limelight. This is a great album. It was written by Eric Stamile and Gaelle. A&R Jay Denes. Expertly mastered by Emily Lazar, owner of The Lodge, based in Greenwich Village, Manhattan, NYC, USA. This album is very highly recommended. Enjoy your house music people! ... x
on 7 December 2014
BEAUTIFUL! This is the kind of soul music that the world needs. Supreme vocals that move me beyond words and the production that cannot be beaten. Simply a beautifully crafted piece of music. I keep thinking that one track is my favourite and then another one become my favourite, it is tremendous. GET A COPY! I promise you you will looooove it! :)
on 24 April 2006
I stumbled across the track fallin a few months ago, and decided to check out transient on a whim...best CD I've bought in ages, Parkway and Love U more are my favourite tracks. Her voice is really unique, its so smooth and liquid...great. I can't believe this sneaked in under the radar and it took me so long to buy the album. Give it a listen, you wont be disapointed! PS If you like this, check out Blue Six beautiful tomorrow its another CD worth spending cash on.
on 18 February 2005
A surprising mix of nu-soul and electronic, this is, at its best, a gorgeous album, and at its worst never less than intriguing.
Stand-outs are the shuffling get-on-your-feet-and-dance first track 'Falling'; the hypnotic title song 'Transient', and the one that really should be a single, and maybe by this time is - 'Love You More'.
Superb production, with loads of little tricks and sound effects that sound great on earphones, together with what is really a quite outstanding voice, make this an album undoubtedly worth buying. It's accessible, yet funky, so you will not be embarrassed in front of any of your friends, either.
on 30 December 2008
As someone who drives a lot, I buy shed loads of music. Having had this album for the better part of 3 years, I haven't bought a better album since (which features only one artist). That is saying a lot, as I'm a bit of a Victor Meldrew musical purist. A more beautiful, seductive voice I'm yet to hear ('Rain' is a favourite), and I'm staggered this was never a commercial success. Think of a more housed-up Sade, and if you like the old Bare Essential and Carte Blanche compilations, you'll love Gaelle. I frequently check for the follow-up album that has never come, and had to add my first review (and only the 5th for the album?!) on Amazon, as it looks like only word of mouth is going to move this one.
on 20 September 2012
Gaelle is yet another hugely talented female soulful vocalist who doesn't get the credit or airplay she deserves in the UK. (Heather Headley and Lizz Wright are also particular favourites of mine).

On first listen, it is possible to label this album as just elevator muzak - bland smooth jazz or chillout music. But if you're guilty of doing so, open your ears and listen properly!

This girl can really sing, she has the kind of smoky jazz-tinged voice that most women would kill for; the beats & rhythms are hypnotic, innovative and intriguing; and the lyrics are deep, meaningful and poetic.

Comparisons with the likes of Beth Orton are I suppose inevitable, but Beth's voice can't hold a candle to Gaelle's, and while I soon tire of listening to Orton's songs (some of which are repetitive and seemingly never-ending) I could (and do) happily listen to this album over and over.
on 6 September 2012
This record is a masterpiece.The melodies, the groove, the lyrics, the voice. Gaelle's Transient album is unique. It's an experience...Check Out Delirium.
on 4 June 2010
I have had this album for nearly 6 years and it is still one of my absolute favourites! You may know Gaelle as the vocalist on King of My Castle by Wamdue Project from a few years ago.

This is in a different style but there isn't a bad track on here. If you don't own it, you need this album in your life. With a new album on the horizon according to her MYSPACE there is no better time to discover this amazing artist.
on 20 August 2008
Transient is excellent!!! I love all of it!
Beautiful music and vocals, not too "loud" and not too mellow either... Songs that can awaken your mind and soul and make you travel miles and miles away...
It's definitely an album that you will enjoy listening to any hour of the day!
on 11 June 2010
I discovered this whilst on the path of loving the beautiful, soulful, sexy music that the Naked Music label were making a few years ago. Quite simply I was hooked from the first listen. If you like Blue Six and Aya you need this. Class.