This is a terrific video game art book for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. It's a huge 200-page hardcover published by IDW. Very appropriate considering the size of the Transformers.

The book features the concept paintings and sketches for the numerous Autobots and Decepticons, environment art of space and cities, and lots of commentary. It's all art from the first to the last page.

The art is awesome, epic. Everything is of a grand scale. The overall feel is textured and gritty. The environment art are wonderful. There are devastated war zones, futuristic but gloomy robot cities, and also interiors for some places.

All the Transformers have new cool designs for the game. Most transform into vehicles or planes. Soundwave is now a car. Everything looks very different from the Michael Bay movies. Each Transformer is printed huge on a page by itself and there are different views of the transformed state. My favourites are the Dinobots concept art. Megatron is menacing but so are the rest of the Transformers. The other awesome piece is of the giant Metroplex.

You'll see art from Jim Daly, Aaron Limonick, Norwood Cole, Eduard Marinov, Henry Lam, Jose Emroca Flores and Billy King.

One thing is for certain, you don't have to play the game to enjoy the concept art.

Highly recommended to all Transformers fans and art book collectors.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on 11 December 2012
I actually cancelled my purchase at one point, deciding to save money, but later changed my mind. And I am so glad I did. This is an excellent art book with just the right amount of descriptive text, choc full of pull page and two page spread artwork of incredible quality. A must for transformer fans, especially fans of the original G1 series, even if you have no intention of playing the game (like me!).

This book embodies all the best layout features of a truly great art book and brings together some of the best transformer artwork ever made (if not just THE best). I'd say snap it up now while it's still less than £20 because I imagine the price on this will only go up and up.
on 13 December 2012
I'm a sucker for special/limited/tat editions of games and pride myself on my collection of gaming-related memorabilia. As a result, I have seen quite a few art books and such-like. As a fan of Transformers since G1 I had higher expectations for this particular publication as there already exists a long legacy of art that spans a couple of decades. I can safely say I'm not disappointed.

The first thing to note is it's size: It out-sizes many of my other game art books (being larger than A4) and is all the better for it, with it's oversized pages bringing the drawing to life, especially with the cityscapes. The quality of the art and content really is a lot better than you might ever expect from something like this and is so for one reason: This book appears to have been compiled by artists, not computer game makers.

Well worth a punt for fans of the games or the comic / cartoon series.
on 4 April 2013
The content seems a bit thin in this, as it's all structured by chapter and even then there seems to be very little in the way of actual robot design. I'd have preferred it to be broken up into Autobots, Decepticons, Weapons, Environments and other sections. It's one of the more disappointing art books I've bought, which is a shame because High Moon did a fantastic job re imagining the Transformers because it just doesn't do the direction justice.
on 6 February 2013
As a fan of transformers and someone who draws, I had to buy this. I love the game series and this art book does not disappoint. It has many pages with huge variations of art, some pages have text on them to give context of what is being shown. The art style is very nice and this book is worth buying.
on 25 August 2013
Got is as a birthday present for my hubby, who's a huge fan of Transformers. Best gift I've ever given him, he loves the artwork and this book is now part of his massive collection. Artwork is epic.
on 5 May 2013
my son adores this magazine he keeps demanding more as he wants to save them for his son ..long way to go ... but good thinking !!
on 3 February 2013
I gave this as a gift for my son for Christmas, he was really pleased with it, it is well written and the graphs are excellent
on 13 August 2013
Given as a present. Part of a collection. A lot of enjoyment by the recipient and hours of pleasure in reading this book.