Customer reviews

Transcend 8 GB Premium SDHC Memory Card, FFP
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on 18 May 2013
I'll start by saying I've had a Transcend memory card in the past that had absolutely no problems what so ever, so I accept that my new Transcend card was just a bad egg.

Having said this, the problems it caused me were huge.

I purchased the card a few weeks before a big holiday and I gave it a good trial run before I went - no problems. I was the bulk of my way through the trip (having taken 800 photos) when suddenly 'memory card error' appeared on the screen - and that was it. Images gone, card couldn't be read.

I bought a new SD card in France and tried to take as many new photos as possible, but of course there was no way to relive anywhere near everything we'd done on what was a once in a lifetime trip.

On my return to the UK, a specialist looked at the card and made an attempt at rescuing the images. £200 and two solid days of work later and I had 130 of my 800 images. The other 670 were either beyond rescuing or completely gone.

Devastated doesn't cut it. They said the card was completely corrupt and probably had been since day one, but that it only surfaced when I started taking a lot of photos.

Needless to say I won't be buying a Transcend card again.
on 16 October 2013
I've bought four of these cards now and use them regularly. They are well priced and perform perfectly well for my needs which is shooting single RAW images on both an SLR and high-end pocket camera. Having taken hundreds of photos on them I've not had any failures or performance issues.

However, don't be fooled into thinking all class 10 cards are equal. Class 10 simply means that the card can sustain a minimum of 10MB/s whilst empty. If your card is nearly full or you are pushing more than 10MB/s in data at the card then it may not be able to keep up. These Transcend cards in my experience can get overwhelmed by HD video or shooting RAW in multiple bursts and so I would only recommend them for shooting single images where speed is not critical. That is what I use them for and they do that just fine. If you are a sports or wildlife photographer, or like recording HD video then look at the SanDisk Extreme range which are also Class 10 but can handle the higher stream of data better.
on 25 October 2010
Ordered this 8GB card from Go Memory via Amazon , and received it just 2 days later.

Having read some of the less than favourable reviews , I was holding my breath when I loaded it into my Panasonic TZ7 camera.

However , I needn't have worried , as I've taken about 25 photos so far , and the recycling time was definitely quicker than the Class 6 card I had bought with the camera. Whether it is Class 10 speed I've no way of checking , but at this price , (£9.50) , I will definitely buy another.

I plugged the card directly into my Acer laptop , and the pictures were downloaded from the card very quickly. The colours are excellent and I've really been impressed with the quality of images from the camera (another great purchase from Amazon).

I have yet to shoot video using this card , so will provide an update when I have done so.

So far so good.

Update 5th November 2010

Went to Littlehampton's Procession , Bonfire & Fireworks on the 30th October. Shot over an hour of HD video , and took a number of still pictures as well. No problems writing to the card , or playing back the videos or photos on the camera.
Downloaded to my laptop with no problem there either.

Camera didn't like flashing blue lights on police cars. Ended up with blue vertical lines on the video. This apparently is a CCD issue in digital cameras , and isn't unique to Panasonic. If anyone knows a settings workaround e.g white balance adjustment or similar , I'd be pleased to receive any advice.

Card still seems to be working OK so far.
on 7 January 2015
Firstly, let me say I am not using these cards in a camera. I use them in firewall/routers to store config data, DHCP leases, etc.

This is often considerably more demanding than camera use - we're writing small files every few seconds, rather than writing large files every few minutes or hours.

These cards cards seem able to stand up to the rigours of this environment - we've had cards from many other manufacturers which have gradually failed after 6-9 months. These are still going strong.
on 7 December 2014
Can't really complain about this card. It has a fast write speed and great capacity size. Using it in my Canon S90, I actually bought 6 of these to take travelling with me. As they became full, I posted them home and a friend backed them up to his NAS.

These cards handle burst shooting very well, although I was shooting only JPEG and not RAW, so can't really comment on the larger file sizes.

Overall a great card at a great price that you can't really go wrong with! Highly recommended.
on 2 June 2010
I bought this card because I needed something faster. I also heard that the new DSLRs that are making videos will need at least a class 6.

I am buying the Canon 550D and I have read that you should haved class 10. I am keeping this one for my own personal use and will buy the 16 gig version for my camera.

I would recommend this no problem at all. Much cheaper than the high end brands as well.

*******Update*********

This is a very good card as mentioned. Works perfectly with my camera. i highly recommend this card vs the SanDisk. you get virtually the same performance for alot less money. For that money you should buy two of them. I don't know how people can justify the price of the SanDisk.

BTW you don't get 30 meg write speed with the Sandisk. It is a marketing lie !!

Cheers
on 24 July 2010
Ordered am 21 july, received am 24 july from jersey , so pretty quick . Decided to buy this after reading mixed reviews on EVERY make of card ,went with what I thought was best value for money . Tried in my panasonic tz5 camera videoing at 720p for 20 secs my original ocz 8gb class 6 memory card continued writing for 2 secs ( I have never had any problems with this card, speed of operation or otherwise ) the transcend card symbol flashed quicker when videoing ( just an observation it may not mean anything ) and the camera barely continued writing to the card so I'd say it is quicker than the ocz. Not very scientific I know but a great buy I think
on 3 August 2010
Have now worked with this card for the last5 months, have found it to be rearly quick to cover everthing I have thrown at it. Must be on a par with theSandisk 4.
Altho the price of memory is coming down, I find it is better to have a number of 4-8Gb cards than do the very large one's.cards do go wrong for whatever reason. I have found that a 8Gb card will last a day of shooting, even at the high resolution, that still covers around 1600 shots.I timed myself on doing a card swop it took 8.5 seconds to replace.
Must get a further supply of this card, its great!!!
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2012
They say as you get older your memory goes, but I find it the opposite. Being a user of digital cameras, PC's, Eee Pad and such, memory cards are very important; and useful for inter-linking. As "we" get older the memory cards get better. This one with a (10) rating is fast enough to write several 6 Mb images in a flash (if you'll pardon the pun). Trancend are one of the very best and most affordable. Great bargain!
on 9 January 2015
I have always found Transcend cards to be good value. While perhaps not at the very top of the tree for performance, they score pretty highly and are competitively priced. I have bought a large number of Transcend cards over several years - SDHC and CF types. None has let me down yet.