Size: 32GB|Change

on 31 August 2010
Great value UDMA CF card for higher end cameras, both DSLR and some camcorders. On my Canon 7D I never seem to hit the buffer limit even shooting full RAW at 8fps. On my Canon 1DMKIII's I have Transcend UDMA 400x cards fitted too - reliable, fast - great value.
on 12 November 2011
I really don't like giving negative reviews but think it's justified in this case. I bought this card last month (Nov '11) and used it on a commercial studio shoot the following week. Out of approx. 300 images shot, 3 were unreadable on importing to Lightroom. This was enough to make me nervous because I can't afford to loose clients images. Not because of the hassle of retaking, but because my clients tend to be on tight magazine deadlines and simply don't have time to reshoot - even at my expense. However, I gave the card a fresh format and another chance. A location shoot in Wales went well (5D mk2). It was a personal stock project so I thought I'd take the chance. All the images were fine. So, earlier this week, I tried to use it on a dance performance shoot for a client - the card failed straight away. My camera (1D mk3) reported a card error and I'm not prepared to attempt using it again. Two failures is enough for me to switch straight back to Sandisk which I've always used in the past with zero problems.

I'm not sure if this review is helpful or not but it's an honest view. Maybe I just got a bad card. I've got three 16GB Transcend cards which are fine. But this experience is enough to persuade me to spend the extra and switch back to Sandisk in future.
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 January 2010
I've been using my EOS 7D for a few months now and I've been taking RAW images of size 5184 x 3456
so, I need a card that can keep up the pace and also hold the storage when on holiday and taking continous shots. Also, the 7D can take HD movies(which I may add by saying the pictures are brilliant for a camera).

Anyway, this card has stood the elements, I've used this card in blistering heat, i.e. Sahara desert where temperatures in the bag reached 55C+ and also on the Swiss Alps where it reached -12C where I was staying for 2 days. The card kept up and never lost a shot I was shooting at roughly 8fps RAW images and I just kept going. A beauty. I usually stick to SANDISK Pro cards, but this is more than what I require. If anything this is just as good as a Sandisk, but cheaper. I also have Sandisk cards with me albeit they are 16gb cards, this was my first 64gb CF card as I got fed up of changing cards, especially as the last time I missed a key moment in Masai Mara(Kenya).

For the price the card performs flawlessly. Also, all my images were intact and I never lost a image. The card has a limited lifetime guarantee. I've had this card for 3months now and it's still going strong and I take allot of pictures believe me you'd be shocked(albeit 40% I end up removing, but thats photography for you).

Thoroughy reccommend this card and at this price from Amazon.co.uk you be mad not to pick one up. This card is aimed for the semi-professional and professionals out there.
on 8 January 2011
I purchased three of these for professional HD video use with a device called a Convergent Design Nanoflash. This is essentially a Compact Flash drive which allows the recording of very high bitrate video and audio via the HDSDI connector on broadcast/professional camcorders. In this case (in case you know about this stuff) I am recording the output of a Sony EX3 at 50 mb/s. I contacted Convergent Design before buying these to check compatibility since they are fairly new to market and not listed in the Nanoflash's manual. They informed me that Transcend 400X cards were fine and I don't seem to have proven them wrong. So far, I've just conducted a few tests and all seems well. The acid test will come when I rely upon them for a real shoot. They are virtually half the price of the equivalent Sandisk cards so it's a very worthwhile saving. Good luck!
on 30 July 2012
I used this for my first every wedding shooting at 21 mega pixel in raw format. It didn't let me down.
I then used it a few days afterwards for another shoot and filled the card with no problems at all.

At first I was a little reluctant to purchasing this card and did buy a sandisk extreme for my main card. I then bought it anyway as it got mainly good reviews and the high speed and capacity came at a bargain price. It performs just as well as my sandisk extreme and I am very pleased with it, in fact I am just about to purchase my second.

Great card at a great price and comes with a free download of data recovery software in case something happens.

Yes, I would recommend it!
on 25 March 2010
Card arrived and without delay installed it in my Olympus E-3. Set it up for continous pictures saving as RAW. Blisteringly fast saving and didn't seem to hesitate even with bursts of 50 pictures or more.
No more excuses for missing the moment.

Would have gone with Sandisk but now I probably wouldn't. Too expensive and very little to gain.Transcend 32 GB 400x CompactFlash Memory Card TS32GCF400
on 12 April 2012
I'm using this card in the secondary slot of my D800. I shoot Raw files to a Sandisk exreme pro SDHC 90 m/s card in the primary slot and backup jpegs to this card in the secondary card slot. 16 gig is enough to hold the same amount of jpegs on this card as Raws on the main 32gig SD card. If that makes sense.

Basically on my D800 a 32gig card in the primary slot will hold 400 uncompressed 14 bit Raws and this card will hold around 500 jpeg's on the largest jpeg settings.

The speed is pretty good. If I hold down the shutter and fill the camera buffer(16 Raws I think) it takes around 30 seconds to write from the buffer to the cards with this in the secondary slot. If I remove this card and just shoot the Raws onto the Sandisk extreme pro card it writes them in about 12 seconds. I'm not sure if its the card speed or the fact the camera is compressing then before writing the jpegs thats slowing it down but its not been an issue with me either way. I can shoot full HD video to this card with no glitches at all.

I've ordered a second card now as well to use as backup of a second 32gig SD so I guess I'm happy with it.

Hope I helped a bit

Greg
on 20 May 2012
The card works well and is great for the newer breed of high MP cameras and shooting video which eats Data
it is nearly as fast as my Sandisk Ducati Extreme which I bought a while ago... but overall is does what it says on the tin
a good buy
on 15 October 2014
I bought this to go in a modified Amiga 1200 computer which had a FastATA MkIV IDE controller card and a CF to IDE adapter board. Unfortunately this card did not work properly with it and/or was faulty as I kept getting I/O errors reported by PFS filesystem driver.

I sent this back to Amazon and got a refund, and bought a Sandisk Ultra 32GB CF card instead which worked perfectly. Probably give this product a wide berth if your pictures/data are super important to you.
on 4 August 2012
I shoot time lapses using RAW so I will shoot up to 1000 frames in an hour of 26MB each on a Canon 5D MKII. So I needed a 32GB card and decided to try a cheaper product. On the third outing I had a card failure which stopped the time lapse. However the card kept all the images shot up to the failure. I still don't know what caused the problem.

Since then I have used this card (after formatting of course) for at least 25 more shoots for time lapses, stills and video with no problem. Fast enough and good value for money. Continuously re-formatted without a problem.

If a client was paying I would probably not risk this card but for self use it is good value for money. Will probably buy a second.