on 8 January 2011
I purchased three of these for professional HD video use with a device called a Convergent Design Nanoflash. This is essentially a Compact Flash drive which allows the recording of very high bitrate video and audio via the HDSDI connector on broadcast/professional camcorders. In this case (in case you know about this stuff) I am recording the output of a Sony EX3 at 50 mb/s. I contacted Convergent Design before buying these to check compatibility since they are fairly new to market and not listed in the Nanoflash's manual. They informed me that Transcend 400X cards were fine and I don't seem to have proven them wrong. So far, I've just conducted a few tests and all seems well. The acid test will come when I rely upon them for a real shoot. They are virtually half the price of the equivalent Sandisk cards so it's a very worthwhile saving. Good luck!
VINE VOICEon 10 August 2011
Ordered this to increase my capacity for photos taken at music festivals, as you can imagine this can create a huge amount of images in a short time. Having only had a maximum of 8Gb previously, this card represented a massive hike in space for a fantastically low cost. I have used Transcend cards before (2Gb in Fuji S2 pro) and they have proven reliable and reasonably quick. The card was delivered a couple of days early and was well packaged, my Nikon D2x instantly recognised the card and projected 2,700 shot capacity at max res Jpeg (12Mp). To test the speed of the card I tried camera on full speed burst mode which will take 8 frames a second, it managed 30 before slowing down as the buffer was emptying. I can't imagine ever needing more than that in a burst. Overall a great card at what really is a bargain price. From now on I have the opportunity to shoot RAW as I have the capacity to handle them. Very Highly recommended card, can't wait for my next festival - Saturday 13, I will post back with any updates after the event :)

Been using this for a while now, through wind, rain, cold and heat (local music festivals in Cumbria can be a little changeable LOL). Its not missed a beat, has worked flawlessly and not caused a moment of trouble. So there you go, its had a fair few thousand photos through it and I can not raise any complaint. Excellent card might have to buy another.
on 6 October 2012
I bought this card to replace several smaller cards for my Sony A850. The card managed 15 images @ 3fps in cRAW mode (compressed RAW) full size format in about 5 seconds before the camera's buffer filled up, which is plenty fast enough for rapid fire fast action situations.

For the money, this card will be hard to beat, and with a lifetime warranty, there's no reason to be concerned, though like any card, make sure you copy your images over ASAP just in case the card could become corrupted and you may not be able to recover your images (this applies to any card and is good practice and common sense).

The card is a balance between size and speed and is of a higher specification than lower capacity higher priced 'branded' cards. I couldn't recommend this card highly enough, though do ensure you check your user manual to see that your camera can accept a card of this size as some cameras cannot take it.

With free postage, Amazon (UK) have a winner here, and it's a real 'no brainer'. Go get one!
on 15 October 2014
I bought this to go in a modified Amiga 1200 computer which had a FastATA MkIV IDE controller card and a CF to IDE adapter board. Unfortunately this card did not work properly with it and/or was faulty as I kept getting I/O errors reported by PFS filesystem driver.

I sent this back to Amazon and got a refund, and bought a Sandisk Ultra 32GB CF card instead which worked perfectly. Probably give this product a wide berth if your pictures/data are super important to you.
on 5 January 2012
I got one of these cards when they were 1st introduced.
I needed a large card for a festival shoot I was doing and needed a card that I could just leave in the camera but also one that I could read and write to fast.
I already owned a Pro Lexar FW800 CF Reader and some Sandisk cards to compare as a bench mark.
Put it this way, I was so happy with this cards that I got a 64GB version as well.

They are reliable, they support a very high data transfer speed and best of all, they don't have a silly price tag!

When these were at full price there was no other card on the market that could compete with this card and now that it is almost 50% cheaper I can only imagine that this gap has grown to be even bigger.

Great CF Card, I would recommend this to anyone.
on 30 July 2012
I used this for my first every wedding shooting at 21 mega pixel in raw format. It didn't let me down.
I then used it a few days afterwards for another shoot and filled the card with no problems at all.

At first I was a little reluctant to purchasing this card and did buy a sandisk extreme for my main card. I then bought it anyway as it got mainly good reviews and the high speed and capacity came at a bargain price. It performs just as well as my sandisk extreme and I am very pleased with it, in fact I am just about to purchase my second.

Great card at a great price and comes with a free download of data recovery software in case something happens.

Yes, I would recommend it!
on 3 November 2012
We now have 10 of these cards and I will be buying more. We've used them in countless shoots (both video and photo) and never had a single problem with the cards. The only time I've seen *any* problems was when lightroom thought a file was corrupted, but it turned out to be a bad reader. Re-reading the card on another reader and all was perfect.

We've used these in both Canon and Nikon cameras as well as Canon XF video cameras.

A full 32GB card takes around 5 mins to copy to the computer using a Lexar USB3 reader or a Lexar ExpressCard reader on a MacBook Pro. It takes around 12 -13 mins for a full 32GB on a Lexar USB2 reader.

Would recommend to anyone.
on 10 May 2015
Warning - I bought this card for a new Nikon D810 and I keep getting error messages 'card cannot be used' and losing the last few images every 200 or so shots. This happened twice at a recent wedding!!! Then I found this article - http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=95028.0 I am now trying to work out how to return the card to Transcend and get my money back. Just to make clear, this card could be great with other camera types but clearly not reliable with the Nikon D810.
on 22 April 2014
The card presented an error right at the beginning of a dive (I'm an underwater photographer), requesting that I format it to continue. So I took it back to the boat and tried later to repair without having to format it. It wasn't possible. Luckily I had most of the photos backed up, so I only lost photos from one dive. Had this been a dive with whale sharks, I'd have been pretty p*ssed off.

It hasn't happened since, but I'm wary of buying this brand again now and it just serves as a backup CF card.
on 31 August 2010
Great value UDMA CF card for higher end cameras, both DSLR and some camcorders. On my Canon 7D I never seem to hit the buffer limit even shooting full RAW at 8fps. On my Canon 1DMKIII's I have Transcend UDMA 400x cards fitted too - reliable, fast - great value.