Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 21 January 2016
Good music
on 25 February 2016
I love this tin opener. It was bought to replace an ancient and rather rusty one. This fitted onto the can easily. The chunky handle made it easy to grip and turn. A pleasure to use.

You should be aware though that this is a chunky sized opener. If space is an issue for you this may not suit your needs. I however would happily make the space for it rather than settle for a less than great can opener.
on 4 July 2014
This is one of the best scores of all time, truely breathtaking. John powell has managed to incorporate several aspects of nordic style folk into his music which gives it a viking feel whilst still also maintaining the beautiful melodies and riffs from the score for the first. He has done wonders adapting that score for this film and has inserted a few new segments to the score which fit in so well with the scenes they play behind. This is my favourite score of all time, beating pirates of the caribean, the amazing spiderman 1 & 2 (which was a hard call). You have got to see the movie and own this soundtrack!!!!

Favourite tracks:
-Toothless found
-Battle of the Bewilderbeast
-Stoicks Ship
on 19 October 2014
One of the finest film scores written in the past decade. A simply incredible follow up to the wonderful score for the first movie, this sequel score carries on with the same themes but adds plenty of new themes which Mr Powell perfectly weaves into a complex thematic tapestry. Fans of the first score will absolutely love the opening cue 'Dragon Racing' which features many of the great tunes from the first film, presented in a truly bombastic, swashbuckling way, producing 4 and a half minutes of the most satisfying action music. This score is perhaps a little more 'grown up' compared to the first, offering many emotional and dramatic moments but still with generous doses of fun, action packed music.

The orchestra sounds incredible, with 100's of performers producing a massive sound. This is what film music is all about, and this score firmly cements Powell as my favourite film composer. Anyone who's even remotely into film music should buy this score (and the first score too!)
on 17 June 2014
After the score to the first How To Train Your Dragon film, which is probably one of the greatest works of film music of all time, I ask myself how John Powell could possibly come close with this sequel? As such, I tried to lower my expectations; calm my excitement in anticipation of this album. I needn't have!
The opening track 'Dragon Racing' is a masterpiece packed with energy and the much loved themes from the original score, along with soaring, lilting and waltzing variations.
The new themes merge perfectly with, and match the ingenuity of the existing ones, and become familiar after just a couple of listens. If I had pick favourite tracks: Dragon Racing, Drago's Coming and Flying With Mother.
I highly recommend listening to it through a decent sound system to really hear the incredible detail and wealth of instruments.
on 29 February 2016
Even though I am in my late teens and probably too old for these movies, the series has gripped me ever since I was younger. Being a fan of music, this has to be the best film score I have ever heard. Congratulations John Powell, you are amazing, and if I meet you then I've no idea what I'll do! Also, Where No One Goes, the film's official song is probably one of my favourites to date. Where the beat drops and the orchestra comes in (with the main theme) - spot on Jonsi and Powell, spot on. Anyone that likes the film truly must never go without the soundtrack, for it will never get better.
on 16 June 2014
John Powell has really delivered big time - incorporating the themes from the first score with a number of solid new additions, each given a full orchestral workout like nothing else we hear today. I fully respect this man for what he has achieved here, and if you're a lover of theme-driven, dazzling orchestral mastery then look no further than this album. With composers like Hans Zimmer dominating the world of film music with his rather bland wallpaper sound samples, this is so refreshing and thrilling.
You can really hear every section of the orchestra being put through their paces, even the calmer, reflective moments are beautifully presented allowing solo instruments to shine through (when was the last time we heard a bassoon?) Beautiful.
The new themes aren't as instantly infectious as the originals, and stem from Powell's previous works like Hancock and Rio, but after a couple of listens they really take on a commanding presence and weave spectacularly throughout the score.
It's a real thrill ride, and whilst we may have quite a wait for the third installment, I have no doubt Mr Powell will be back to show everyone else how it's done. I'd easily rank this as one of the best animated scores ever written.
on 19 July 2014
Even better than the first one and that one had already been one of the best scores ever written. I wish there were more powerfully melody-driven cores like that out there... this one's is purely mesmerizing. The CD hasn't left my player for two weeks now! Please get this composer for the Harry Potter spin-off!
on 31 August 2015
Obviously the tracks are incredible, but my one star is for the fact that the CD comes in only a small cardboard sleeve rather than the plastic case, and as such is dented, scuffed, scratched and generally banged up. Very disappointed. The CD itself is ok and plays but for display, the sleeve is ruined.
on 26 October 2014
Bought this s a xmas pressie that my 13 yr old niece requested,I realise it must be something very special as a) she's veryparticular and b) perhaps more importantly she's a teenager and so a soundtrack to grab a teens attention must be worth having.