One of the finest film scores written in the past decade. A simply incredible follow up to the wonderful score for the first movie, this sequel score carries on with the same themes but adds plenty of new themes which Mr Powell perfectly weaves into a complex thematic tapestry. Fans of the first score will absolutely love the opening cue 'Dragon Racing' which features many of the great tunes from the first film, presented in a truly bombastic, swashbuckling way, producing 4 and a half minutes of the most satisfying action music. This score is perhaps a little more 'grown up' compared to the first, offering many emotional and dramatic moments but still with generous doses of fun, action packed music.
The orchestra sounds incredible, with 100's of performers producing a massive sound. This is what film music is all about, and this score firmly cements Powell as my favourite film composer. Anyone who's even remotely into film music should buy this score (and the first score too!)
- Original Release Date: 23 July 2014
- Release Date: 16 Jun. 2014
- Label: Sony Classical
- Copyright: (P) 2014 Relativity Music Group, LLC, under exclusive license to Sony Music Entertainment
- Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
- Total Length: 1:11:32
- ASIN: B00KRDNDKY
- Average Customer Review: 37 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 5,946 in Albums (See Top 100 in Albums)