On the Trail of the Maya Explorer: Tracing the Epic Journey of John Lloyd Stephens (Alabama Fire Ant) Paperback – 30 Jun 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Author Steve Glassman retraces Stephens' route, visiting the same Maya ruins, Spanish colonial towns, markets, and churches, many of them hardly changed in the 170 years since Stephens and Catherwood visited. Intertwining history, anthropology, and the environment, Glassman presents a wonderful tale of Stephens' adventure and his own. This is a fun and informative book for lovers of Mesoamerica who are drawn to the mysteries of the ancient and modern Maya. - American Archaeology
About the Author
Steve Glassman is a Professor of English and Creative Writing at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida, and author of "Blood on the Moon" and "The Near Death Experiment." "
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Aztec, Inca & Mayan
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Indigenous Peoples
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Central & South America > Guatemala
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing