Tragedy: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions) Paperback – 11 Aug 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Oxford's always stimulating Very Short Introductions series.' (Independent on Sunday)
About the Author
Adrian Poole is Professor of English Literature, University of Cambridge, and Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. He has written and lectured on Greek and Shakespearean tragedy, on literary translation and on nineteenth-century English literature. His publications include Gissing in Context (1975), Tragedy: Shakespeare and the Greek Example (1987), Shakespeare and the Victorians (2003), The Oxford Book of Classical Verse in Translation (1995, co-edited with Jeremy Maule), and editions of novels by Dickens, James and R. L. Stevenson. He is working on a project about witnessing tragedy developed out of his 1999 British Academy Shakespeare Lecture, 'Macbeth and the Third Person'.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this as just starting on an Open University Arts course I thought it would be a nice introduction to my subjects . Read morePublished on 2 Aug. 2012 by John Taylor
Very good introduction to the study of tragedy- it gives you an overview so that you can go look up more detailled stuff in other books in that areas of interest to you. Read morePublished on 5 April 2010 by bookworm88
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism