Traditional Building Materials (Shire Library) Paperback – 10 Feb 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
An introduction to the origins, history, qualities and uses of traditional building materials in Britain
About the Author
Matthew Slocombe is a buildings historian, and has been involved professionally with traditional building conservation for 20 years. He is Deputy Secretary of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) and also a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries; trustee of Heritage Link; and a member of the Institute for Historic Building Conservation and Vernacular Architecture Group. He has written extensively on building and property-related subjects, including a Restoration supplement and articles for Country Life magazine. He has contributed to books, including How Old is Your House and English Heritage's forthcoming Practical Building Conservation series. His daily work includes advising owners, professionals and councils on traditional building issues.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Building historian Matthew Slocombe explains what traditional building materials were used, where, why and how. "These materials help illustrate the lives and aspirations of people of the past," argues Slocombe.
An informative, well-illustrated account of the architectural heritage of Britain's vernacular buildings.
K. A. Whittington FICE , FGS .
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials