on 9 May 2015
I highly recommend this book if you are a momentum-minded trader or investor.

One major starting point (openly and expressly credited by Mr. Minervini) for the book is Stan Weinstein's "Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" which introduces the concept of Stage Analysis.

Mr. Minervini's approach incorporates some fundamental analysis relating to earnings growth and cash flow which is an interesting development as Weinstein treated fundamental analysis as a distraction.

The author has walked the walk and won the T-shirt in his investing life. I don't claim this book will put the Ferrari on the drive etc, but it is a good clear development of the original stage analysis concept and if followed the model has the potential to do very well for you.

I have to say that (in line with the Forward by Mark Ryan) the concluding chapters on Risk Management are worth reading first. Even if momentum trading/investment is not your thing (and it justifiably does not appeal to everyone) the chapters on risk management are punchy and convincing - the sort of thing every investor and trader should read once a year to keep themselves in tune.

Others will decide whether this is an 'investing classic' type book; I merely assert that I found it a compelling and attractive read which has helped drive forward my own philosophies of investment.
on 1 September 2013
The chapters on risk management and the importance of developing the discipline habit, were the most important issues, and well covered.
The hard part is actually developing discipline. What finally worked for me was
Creative Mindshaping: Create A New You, Create A New Life. Inspired By The Olympics And Paralympics

I have used Creative Mindshaping to develop several helpful habits for my trading.
The most important being using and obeying my stops.
VINE VOICEon 19 March 2017
This book is gold dust. I learned something new on every page. I will need to read the book a couple of times to make sure I have internalised everything the author has to say but I cant recommend it enough.
on 5 December 2017
I read quite a few books on trading and I am a successful trader albeit with small returns. I agree with pretty much everything Mr Minervini has to say and I am adding new techniques to my trading strategy based on his teaching. Time will tell but I feel positive about it.

on 26 November 2017
This is an outstanding investment book, probably the best one I've ever read. I've been a professional small caps investor for 15 years, but this book opened my mind to the importance of largely ignoring PER when you find a high growth super-stock. Minervini's ideas can be blended with your own investment ideas, which is what I've done, and it's been very lucrative to date.
on 23 November 2015
Excellent book. Great advice even for non-US investors. There aren't as many superstocks around as there were in the bull periods in the US economy which make up many of the examples in the book, but the approach and principles are just as relevant today. The section on risk and money management is also very good for traders and investors alike.
on 8 April 2017
I like this book so far! Written in a way that's easy for the casual investor to read & understand. Although US based, worth adding to your shelf to help hone your trading knowledge.
on 19 August 2014
A real find. Mark clearly explains the optimum way to combine Fundamental Analysis with Technical Analysis is the real world. Virtually every page has a nugget of advice - clearly often gained through personal experience. Useful references are made to a number of other highly successful traders demonstrating the breadth of the authors knowledge & experience.

I wish I'd read this book the month it came out.
on 30 January 2018
Fantastic!!! Informative, provides great insight, in an easy to follow format. Refreshing considering the topic being covered
on 31 January 2016
Very good at not over technical

Using this technique and making money already.

Chapter 7 is particularly good