- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs and Cats - waterproof pet finder collar attachment
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- SUBSCRIPTION PLAN: starting at £ 3.33 / month. Once you have received your Tractive GPS device, you can choose between different options. Tractive GPS has a fully integrated sim card, like a smart mobile phone, so it requires a minimal service plan to cover cellular connectivity.
- TRACTIVE GPS: Lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device. The robust tracking device easily attaches to any collar or harness. Tractive's small tracker has no range limitation unlike the short range of a bluetooth GPS finder.
- TRACKING IN REAL-TIME: Create Virtual Fences with smartphone alerts, enable LIVE Tracking, and view a full location history of your pet along with many more features. See the exact location of your dog or cat directly in the free Tractive GPS App for iOS or Android or in any computer in any browser.
- WORLDWIDE LOCATION TRACKING: Tractive works in over 150 countries worldwide. Please note, indoors, or near tall buildings or forest, GPS interference can occur, which may decrease the accuracy of the Tractive GPS.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: 2-5 day battery life, depending on signal strength and coverage as well as device usage. The battery fully recharges in under 2 hours.
- VARIOUS MODELS: Tractive GPS devices are available in White, Pink and Hunters Editions. They weigh less than 35g (1.2oz) and are recommended for pets above 4.5kg (9 pounds).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
- Lightweighted & waterproof GPS tracking device
- Live positioning for dogs, cats, horses and other animals (4.5kg and over)
- Reliable real-time location tracking
- Also works for kids, people, cars, suitcases, etc...
We supply goods with a warranty that they are of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for the purpose for which they were intended. However please note that it is the responsibility of the consumer to use all the products correctly and as they were intended and accept no responsibility for the misuse of any of the products.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
Tractive GPS Tracker for cats and dogs
Tractive uses GPS and communicates through cell phone towers, which enable you to track your pet 24/7. Since using the cell phone towers and infrastructure has costs associated with it, a small monthly or annual fee has to be charged by Tractive. You can stop and restart the service anytime, and we don't charge any activation or other hidden fees.
The service fee is a flat fee. Tractive offers different service options. More information can be found on the website of Tractive!
Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
The Tractive GPS tracking device for cats, dogs and other animals will always let you know where your pet is.
Check the location of your furry friend in any browser or on your smartphone. The position of the animal is displayed on a digital map. The real time GPS Pet tracker is 100% waterproof, recommended for all pets over 4.5 kg (9 pounds) and can be easily and safely attached to the collar.
Tractive can only be used in conjunction with a subscription.
- LIVE Tracking
- Virtual Fence
- Robust and Waterproof
- Worldwide Coverage
- Location History
The Live Tracking feature enables you in real time to see where your pet is currently located. The position is updated every 2-3 seconds and displayed on the map in the app or on the Internet.
You want to know when your pet runs away? By using the Tractive Virtual Fence you will be immediately notified on your smartphone when your pet leaves a predetermined area.
Tractive not only shows you where your pet is currently. The history also shows you where your dog or cat was before.
|Tractive GPS||Tractive GPS Hunters Edition||Tractive GPS Pink||Tractive GPS XL|
|Size||51x41x15mm||51x41x15mm||51x41x15mm||80mm x 49mm x 29mm|
|Weight||35g (1.2oz)||35g (1.2oz)||35g (1.2oz)||142g (4oz)|
|Battery Lifetime||2-5 days||2-5 days||2-5 days||up to 6 weeks|
|For Pets over||4.5 kg (9 pounds)||4.5 kg (9 pounds)||4.5 kg (9 pounds)||20 kg (40 pounds)|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"......Battery life is influenced by several different factors, such as cell coverage, GPS availability, temperature and your pet’s activity level. Live Tracking mode drains the battery more quickly that normal mode. Depending on usage and environmental factors battery life is between two and five days...."
If you need to track an active dog on day two, expect a flat battery just when you don't need it.
Additionally Tractive refuse to refund the £66.99 compulsory annual subscription if the refund is requested after 7 days on the grounds that "We have found that in most cases 7 days is a sufficient time frame to notify us that a customer decides to undo the payment for any reason".(sic) This is when their web site says "Exchange & returns within 14 days".
They also say..
"..we cannot make exceptions regarding our deadlines. In doing this we would put a disadvantage on the other Tractive customers..."
Of course they would!
This is the worst sort of self-serving sanctimonious claptrap.
P.S. Amazon's return policy is different and fair, but it only covers the tracker £44.99 not the subscription £66.99.
In summary, this is for me an indispensable but flawed product. Since if I lost my dog I would pay anything to get him back, the cost of the device and the small monthly subscription represents a valuable assurance policy, even if it is not always 100% dependable under exigent circumstances.
Some basic parameters must be understood. This device incorporates not one but two RF devices. 1, GPS receiver and 2, a mobile phone SMS transmitter.
The third RF-dependent element is the smart phone application. This is a good solid app, but to receive full data from the device you will need a robust 3G or 4G signal.
So, if you live in an area with a weak or non-existent mobile phone signal, this will not work for you. The device requires a steady connection to a GPRS mobile network to communicate its position.
If you live or take your dog into into a deeply forested area, it will not work because the GPS signal will be attenuated or non-existent, hence the device will be unable to geolocate the dog. This is worse in the summer due to the phenomenon of green leaf attenuation.
Then there is a physical issue. Or two, really. The first is charging the device. This can be fiddly and you must be very careful that the contacts on the charger make a good connection with the device. If your dog loves leaping into muddy water (as does Mr PB) then the device will become dirty and the contacts less effective. I have found cleaning the contacts with a toothpick is usually a good solution. But I hope they can come up with a contactless charger in the future.
More serious, if your dog is very active and dives into brush in search of any passing wildlife to assassinate, you need to be very careful that the device does not detach from the clip that fixes it to the collar. This is without doubt the weakest point of the design. If your dog is less bold or active, this might not be a problem. However, this is not the case with Mr Peanut Butter. On two occasions, the device became detached. Fortunately, both times I was able to locate it because it became detached in a position with a good mobile and GPS signal. I was lucky because if it had detached in a stream or under a tree, it might not have been possible to retrieve it.
We have tested the device in two locations. In rural Surrey, England, the most heavily wooded part of England, it is of limited value. The mobile signal is often feeble or non-existent and the GPS reception intermittent. The last position received may be nowhere close to where the dog has subsequently moved. This is assuming you can receive any information on your phone, which is likely to be similarly impaired by the environmental problems.
But in rural Hérault, France, with wide open skies and 4G everywhere, it works like a dream.
We are now on our third device. The first failed quickly and would not charge or indeed show any signs of life. It was promptly replaced at no charge. The second also failed, after several months, the GPS receiver having given up the ghost. This was also replaced. I found Tractive customer service to be impeccable, responding rapidly to my questions in an efficient and very courteous manner.
Let me return to the clip. Although Tractive insists that for most users this is not a problem, the fact that they sell spare clips suggests they are coming to realise this is an issue. In any case, this is apparently to be addressed in the second generation Tractive due to be released this summer.
However, there is a do-it-yourself fix for this. I suggest you super-glue the clip to the device or secure it with gaffers' tape. Then, after charging it every night, you must undo your dog's collar and thread the device onto the collar.
The battery is good for a couple of days but I prefer to go out with a full charge so I recharge nightly.
The device has proven durably waterproof. Mr PB is a labrador and loves streams, ponds and swimming pools. Obviously, he is only splashing around but it seems to emerge from its frequent immersions without a problem.
To return to customer service. They are immediately responsive to email and very courteous. This I think is an element that will make Tractive a long-term player in this market.
If you love your dog and you exercise him off the lead, or fear he might take himself out on an adventure through a gate inadvertently left open, then you absolutely should consider this device.
Mr PB is a very social creature with lots of friends. The Tractive attracts lots of interest from other dog owners. But I find it needs quite a bit of explanation so they understand how it works and the benefits and limitations.
They often ask: what is the range? Well, it doesn't work like that. The subscription covers all the mobile phone networks in Europe so your dog could be in Finland and Albania, and you will still get a fix. But you can be 50m away from your dog and if there is no GPS or GPRS, then it will not work, and if there is no 3G or 4G, then you will not get useful information on your phone.
I do not think the problems I have described should inhibit a dog owner from buying this device but be careful with the clip and understand that it is not Tractive that determines whether it works or not, it is the laws of physics and the quality of the mobile network.
I cannot imagine being without the Tractive, much as I have occasionally cursed it.
We have two, one for each dog and put them when we take them out. The tracker fits around the colour with a plsstic bracket that goes round the back of the collar and snaps into the tracker to hold it in place. To charge, you remove the tracker and attach the charger (USB lead, no plug) - it looks like a set of 'teet' you clamp onto tracker. It looks odd but it works.
The tracking device itself works well, even in the middle of the countryside. We lost or dogs and used the tracker to find them the miles away. The map view overlays with Google maps so you have context of where they are.
Battery like is OK. It would be much longer I'd I remembered to switch it off when I got in bit you can expect around 36 hours of charge if you just leave it on.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews