on 23 April 1998
I'm completely amazed the author failed to provide any Javelin coverage! I can see the justification for leaving out Hammer coverage, but the javelin?! While I found the Certificates & Forms material to be a bonus, this book isn't worth $32.95. There are far better books out there for half the price.
on 24 July 1998
As a Masters athlete, as well as a sometimes assistant coach, I have found this book to be of immense value. Coach Wallace has taken such technical subjects as periodization of training and exercise physiology and made them accessable to the layperson. From event-specific training plans to unique solutions for performance problems, this book is a tremendous resouce. I highly recommend "Track & Field Coach's Survival Guide" for coaches and athletes.
on 3 March 1999
I liked the practice sessions/periods broken up. We do not have indoor track and I was wondering how to use the practice sessions when we start March 8, practice for about 3 to 4 weeks and then have meets on Tues. and Sat. till the middle of May and then have our District meet?