Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.53

on 2 December 2012
Have been doing Family History in and around Lancashire and beyond for 15 years so was very pleased when this book became available. It didn't give me any information that I wasn't already aware of. This is a great book full of very useful information for people starting along the Family History path but not for me.
on 6 February 2013
I have been researching my Lancashire family for about three years and have found this book to be most useful. Contrary to a previous reviewer I have found a great deal of information that either I did not know or had read somewhere and lost trace of. This book brings all the relevant sources together and has many practical ideas that I am sure will be most helpful to family historians who have started their tree and would consider themselves to be intermediate researchers. The social history referred to by the author is pitched at the right level in my opinion - there are plenty of other books on the market for those more advanced historians out there. I would recommend it.
on 4 March 2013
This book is very informative and for anyone with Lancashire forebears is very useful and interesting. Also helpful for anyone studing Lancashire history.
on 17 September 2015
This is giving me excellent information regarding Lancashire where my granddad was born and his forebears.
on 13 April 2015
Excellent book, opened up lots of new lines of investigation.