on 18 October 2016
Lovely quality great for s birthday gift
on 3 July 2017
great gift
on 7 December 2015
These are really good puzzles for you child but the paint isn't very hard wearing and wont survive a long time.
on 1 August 2012
When I bought this puzzle I was under the impression that the cubes were wood cubes, rather than having paper glued to them. My son still puts everything in his mouth, so it's not ideal that the cubes have paper...
Apart from that it's great! The puzzles are easy to do and the box helps to keep it tidy. He loves it. Overall I think it's a good buy.
on 19 January 2014
We ordered this for our 2.5 year old daughter who increasingly enjoys doing puzzles. As I used to have a block puzzle when I was little and really enjoyed it, I decided to give this one a go.

On the positive side, the blocks are very nicely done and come in a handy, cute wooden box. There are also cardboard pictures of each puzzle in the size of the puzzle, so children can use them as a template when doing the puzzles.

Some of the drawbacks, in my opinion, are however, the cubes are fairly small and require a bit more coordination and effort from a toddler than is maybe ideal. Also, the pictures aren't located in the same place on each cube, meaning you can't do one picture and then just flip each block, say, to the right and have another puzzle done. This may not sound like a big thing but I remember that as I child I enjoyed flipping them like this and thus looking at all the different puzzles in a short time.

Overall, I am happy enough with it but knowing what I know now I probably wouldn't buy this one again.
My niece chose these herself mainly because of the animal theme and also because she likes to build high block towers just to knock them all down again – don’t we all?.

There are six brightly painted puzzles on nine wooden blocks. You get a Lion, a Zebra, a Hippo, a Crocodile, a Giraffe and an Elephant. The blocks come in a sturdy wooden box along with five laminated reference cards [the sixth is on the lid]

Each puzzle has a different coloured border to help identify the pieces and the blocks are large enough not to be a choking hazard.

These are made from sustainable wood with environmentally non-toxic paints. Ideal toy from when the child is able to sit up by themselves. Highly recommended.

review image review image review image review image
on 30 December 2013
My grandson loves this. old fashioned blocks but still the best. been carrying them about since xmas day. thank you
on 28 December 2012
Attractive images. Simple puzzles appealing to young children. Good fun doing them together. Everything contained in its own wooden storage box.
on 30 December 2013
I got this puzzle for my daughter, it's very nice, my daughter bored from the normal puzzles so i decided to try something new and she's happy.
on 5 February 2014
Not sure what the first reviewer was talking About, the pictures are printed straight onto the real wooden cubes. Lovely pictures with bright colours. I think it is a traditional toy which is a bit more of a challenge to complete than you might expect from a block puzzle.

See one answered question