- Paperback: 120 pages
- Publisher: Zero Books (1 May 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1780992319
- ISBN-13: 978-1780992310
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 0.6 x 21.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 735,320 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Towards a Conceptual Militancy Paperback – 1 May 2016
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Developing his argument via an array of paradigmatic cases of contemporary political art, Watson reclaims arts power to defrost the numbness, alienation and endless delay of the decisive moment of struggle imposed on us by various apparatuses of contemporary power and financial capitalism. The comparison of political subjectivity and freedom with Duchamps readymade is one of the original insights of the book. Arts capacity to produce, or, in Watsons words, to reclaim our subjectivity through an act of creative imagination, here and now, points to some potential ways out of the contemporary political and aesthetic impasse. --Alexei Penzin (Chto Delat?)
About the Author
Mike Watson holds a PhD in Philosophy from Goldsmiths College. He lives and works in Rome where he is a critic, theorist and curator.