The Tourist-Historic City: Retrospect and Prospect of Managing the Heritage City (Advances in Tourism Research) Hardcover – 7 Nov 2000
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
...a new work for there are substantial changes in content, the book is much more attractive in presentation than its predecessor and it is made available by a different publisher... One of the great strengths of this work is its logical structure and clear presentation...they manage to make numerous strong statements, illustrate these with examples and at the same time, avoid the trap of over-generalization. The theoretical parts are illustrated with useful diagrams and case studies contain relevant maps and photographs... While the authors focus on urban areas rather than on tourism per se, this book should be required reading for all those interested in or responsible for tourism in cities and towns, which include many of the most-visited destinations. It also has much to offer the urbanist and urban planner. It is an excellent example of a work with a strong analytical approach, which is not rooted in quantitative methodologies.
Tourism Recreation Research
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories
- Books > History > Archaeology > Industrial Archaeology
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences