on 29 April 2014
I needed a pair of summer golf shows and after always buying a certain well known brand for 20 plus years and recently having experienced (what I thought) poor service from them, decided to try another maker. Ecco being a well known brand I decided I'd try their product.
After having ordered on line, I was expecting the shoes to arrive after my next game. They didn't, arriving well before then so I thought I'd give them an outing. Normally brand new shoes plus 18 holes would probably equal sore feet so I put a pair of my old ones in my bag. Just in case. I needn't have bothered. The new shoes fitted well and were comfortable all the way round. Even drawing admiring remarks from my playing partners. A pity they couldn't say that about my golf that day!
Yes, the were a little more expensive than some others but well worth the extra.
Thanks Ecco, as I say, Love 'em,
John W.
on 1 September 2015
Bought black brogue which are comfortable but the top stitching where the shoes creases has given way very quickly inside a few months, so the shoe looks a bit tatty with stitching broken and showing on the front surface. I cleaned them after every game and kept them well polished and so would expect it to last longer for the price.
Also bought a white pair at the same time and the white leather has degraded very quickly and again would expect it to last a lot longer for the price.
Jon
on 1 July 2013
Having purchased a pair of Ecco street shoes and spending more time on Golf course ,I felt it was time to invest in a top of the range shoe.
This has proved a sound investment coming off the course after 36 holes with my feet feeling as comfortable in these shoes as when I started.
on 29 December 2013
I bought a pair of these for my partner as a Christmas present, in a size 9.5-10 (EU 44). They look good in the lion/burnt ochre. I got a little confused because the brown ones look the same as these ones in the picture selection. He wore them yesterday for the first time and said they fit great and are excellent golf shoes. I bought him the 'cheaper' Addidas ones last year, for around £70, but they soon let the rain in. Hopefully these will last for longer, being more expensive. Apparently the golf guys at the course recommended them to him. So far so good.
on 26 June 2015
Regrettably shoes returned after one game in light rain currently awaiting refund. Shoes acted like a sponge in the rain, turned dark brown and were sodden on the inside. Don't know if this is a design fault with these shoes as I noted a previous reviewer had a similar problem.
on 2 November 2017
I have several Ecco golf shoes but these are the worst ones I have purchased.
They have “given” so much that they are very loose and look like wide “ clown” shoes !
I shall be returning these and asking for a refund.
on 3 October 2014
A nice looking shoe and well made, but soles tend to leave imprints on the green. Sizing is a little on the mean side. Buyers should consider buying one size larger to avoid wearing in soreness.
on 10 November 2014
I first gave this product 5 stars. But only after the third time I wore these shoes they were completely soaked inside. For the price, it is scandalous! I returned them and was refunded by Amazon.
on 16 December 2016
Not the gortex shoe
on 3 November 2016
top of the range great product