on 20 April 2015
These are lovely school shoes, my 6 year old loves them - particularly the name as she is determined to be a tough girl. She is running, jumping & climbing trees in them daily and so far 2 weeks in and not so much as a scuff! Very impressive - we haven't dealt with mud yet but I'm guessing they'll tackle that easily. She says they are very comfortable, and they needed no breaking in (I was concerned with some of the reviews that they would be very hard shoes, but actually they are very pliable and bendy and soft to touch). Delivery was quick, price compared to other school shoes like Clarks is fantastic, and although they are possibly a touch on the wide side (not recommended for narrow feet) the fit is very good compared to Clarks sizing.
on 4 March 2015
Great little shoes. Third pair I have bought for my little girl. Cheaper than most known brands and a lot tougher. Will last twice as long as Clarks shoes for example. I used to shop at Clarks for my kids shoes all the time. I got sick of buying new shoes every two or three months.
on 8 December 2015
Although we've had good experiences with Toughees in the past, the velcro on these shoes started peeling less than a month after purchase. Two months from purchase the leather and soles are still perfect, but the shoes are useless as the velcro has completely disintegrated. No longer returnable.
on 19 February 2016
brilliant shoes, always use these, fast delivery
on 19 June 2014
What good is a shoe if it doesn't stay on your feet. Especially with kids who do a lot of running around. The velcro strap has wasted away and no longer sticks, this after a month and a half. I wish I had payed a bit more and got her the hush puppies which i bought for her. lasted her for a whole year (no Joke!)
on 21 March 2016
Unfortunately, though these shoes look great and the leather on the shoes has lasted very well withstanding all scratches, the Velcro straps have become completely useless. The Velcro no longer sticks and therefore the shoes are no longer wearable. Do not buy theses shoes, they are a false economy. M
on 7 June 2016
The actual shoe part is great, wears well and still look brand new. However, having spent the last hour with several needles and cotton, forcing them through the strap to sew the Velcro back on because it stripped right off the leather strap when my daughter took them off last week, I'm not impressed with the overall quality. She'd only worn them a week when this happened. I ignored her at first when she said 'my shoes are broken, then, when I cleaned them over half term, I realised she wasn't wrong! Not only did I break three needles, but I've stabbed myself several times. Take my advice, don't buy this model, get lace ups. It seems to be a regular issue looking back at other reviews. Manufacturer - take a hit on your bottom line and spend a bit more on quality Velcro please.
OK, two weeks after the first shoe went, the second strap has done the same thing. My advice, don't bother with this shoe, pick an alternative which doesn't use Velcro. I've just forked out for an alternative shoe now. Expensive couple of months!
on 23 November 2013
These shoes are great for school for my little girl. I'm always buying her shoes because she ruins them, but these still look new after weeks of use. I would definitely buy them again.
on 8 September 2014
These shoes are brilliant. They are sturdy, comfy, tough, and basically indestructible. They do not get scuffed, or scratched, even after a month of 5 day a week wear. Amazingly, they costs less than flimsy shoes from Clarks or Start Rite, most of which have been reviewed as getting scuffed quite easily. I am buying a second pair of Toughees today. When my younger child starts school, I know exactly what shoes I will be getting for him!
on 27 August 2015
Shoes were wonderful for last year as they are resistant, waterproof and lovely to look at. Unfortunately the Velcro strap is not strong enough and the shoes became obsolete sooner than it should have as they still look perfect. A pity as I wanted them for my younger daughter.
I just order from the same company some with a T-bar in the hope it works better.