on 14 August 2017
Boring and dull!

Its well made and does look good, an has good acting from the actors. But I found this film dull and hollow.

I know this film is based on the book, but the Other movie the 1990 movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger was a way better film. It was fun and exciting, yeah it isn't as good looking as the 2012 version but it has more soul. The 2012 version is just dull an bland.

I did like the robots an that it was based in England but its just kinda boring even the fight scenes were dull, it doesn't even have the blood like the 1990 film, that's what made it so cool, that had bone crunching action and had some humour which made it fun.
The 2012 film takes it more serious, but it still coulda been more exciting.
And yes it still has the woman with the three boobs lol.

Its still an ok film, but that's it really ok, Its just ok. Could of been better.
on 31 May 2015
I know it looks dated now, but I was a great fan of the original & a little less than pleased that they had re-made it. What was the point I thought? The first wasn't that long ago that we'd forgotten, & albeit a good film, I wouldn't say it was an all time classic that just "had" to be re-made! However, after a recommendation from my son I decided to "get over it" & give the new one a chance. Very very glad I did, it is awesome. Totally different story, but made around the same premise of having your mind "altered" at Recall, now "Rekall" for the modern era! With a few nods to the original, it managed to give us a whole new, brilliant story, with astounding graphics & some really epic moments! So, if like me, you're on the fence about this one, not feeling the need to "totally recall" quite so soon after the original, just go for it, you won't be disappointed & you may even be very pleased you did! I'll certainly be watching it again!
on 18 February 2017
Visually this was a great film, great sets with good design and spectacular architectures, plenty of fast paced action but why oh why is Kate Beckinsale stuck in this Selene groundhog day? it looks like she's playing the same role. As an actress she is a lot better than this if given the opportunity and needs to break out of this predictable two dimensional groove.
on 4 September 2015
An overall good science fiction film with some excellent action scenes. However, I found the first half more interesting than the second, probably because the pace was a little slower and we found out more about the lives of the characters. As often happens with science fiction, the spectacular action is at the expense of good characterization. Great films are about interesting characters and with an emphasis on the action there is little space to develop the character of either the goodies or baddies to the extent I would like.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 June 2017
Well, despite the negative reviews I enjoyed it greatly. Action packed, some superb special effects and a strong cast. What's not to like?
on 2 July 2016
A different take on the story, that fails to live up to the original but works in its own right. Colin Farrell is good in the lead role and plays a lost and confused man far better than Arnie ever could. The effects are excellent and action exciting but director len wisemen cannot match Paul Verhoevens brutal violence and satire.
on 20 June 2017
Seen before like sci-fi things and was cheap enough. Storyline not as good as the original but ok in this one.
on 4 January 2016
Really didn't enjoy this one at all. Lost interest so easily. The whole second half of the film dragged terribly. Plot too confusing and difficult to work out what was going on. Some really obvious callbacks to the original as well. One to avoid.
on 28 May 2015
Although this is still a Blu-Ray, so 1080p. If you have the correct Sony equipment it has hidden code telling your equipment how to scale to 4k.

I don't, but my 4k computer monitor scales it fine.... One thing I noticed (I have the normal Blu-Ray as well) is that the colours did seem much brighter in this version.

Choice of the 2, get the 4k mastered version even if you don't have 4k TV/ Monitor
on 23 August 2014
it's ok I guess but I got bored in places but I did like some of the new twists that were there for fans of the original film and yet missed the point and charm of the original and tried to hard to turn an action film in to the psychological premise of the book when really the first film did it without boring the audience