- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 1999 edition (22 Feb. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1852331607
- ISBN-13: 978-1852331603
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1.6 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,004,107 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Total Eclipses: Science, Observations, Myths and Legends (Springer Praxis Books) Paperback – 22 Feb 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the reviews
"Gives a wide variety of information on observing eclipses for the novice as well as on the value of eclipses to professionals ... any reader can find information at an interesting and appropriate level and can be sure that he is being guided knowledgeably."
Top Customer Reviews
This book takes a slightly more scientific approach than some of the other books on Eclipses, which may or may not be what you are looking for. This detailed approach will certainly be thorough enough for most people, but there are similar titles which can be slightly more entertaining to read; one of the best alternatives is 'Totality: Eclipses of the Sun' by Littman, Willcox & Espenak.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Telescopes & Equipment
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Solar System
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics