Toshiba SD3005KB-2 Upscaling DVD Player (New for 2013) (discontinued by manufacturer)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- DVD player
- Upscale DVDs to high definition quality
- MP3 and JPEG file playback
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Toshiba SD3005KB-2 Upscaling DVD Player with HDMI
The SD3005KB-2 DVD Player is the ideal choice if you're looking for quality, value and upscaled picture quality. The SD3005KB-2 is an upscaling DVD player that allows you to enjoy standard definition DVDs in near high definition. HDMI allows easy connection to your HD TV as well as upscaling to 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions. MP3 and JPEG files are supported as well as a wide range of DVD and CD disc formats. The SD3005KB-2 includes REGZA-link technology so you can control the player with the same remote control as your TV.
HDMI connectivity provides an easy way to connect your DVD player to your HD TV. With just a single cable, you'll be able to transfer HD-quality video and audio to your screen. HDMI is the standard for high definition connections, and you'll widely used in a number of home entertainment and computing devices, allowing you to connect the SD3005KB-2 in the most convenient way for you.
The DVD technology converts a standard 480p signal on a standard DVD to 1080p signal for optimum picture quality on a High Definition Screen, enhancing your viewing experience. If you have a HD-Ready TV, you can also view at 720p or 1080i resolutions.
You can also use your DVD player for more than watching films. The Toshiba SD3005KB-2 allows you to listen to your MP3 music files via CD-R and CD-RW. By burning MP3 encoded tracks to these discs, your music can be played back over your TV or home entertainment system. Now you have the freedom to use your DVD player as a multi-purpose system - not only does it offer the perfect viewing experience, it's great for playing back your favourite songs.
Enjoy JPEG Photos
Tired of having to view your digital photos on a cramped computer screen? With the Toshiba SD3005KB-2, you'll be able to enjoy photos on the big screen by viewing them on your TV via your DVD player. By simply burning your photos to a recordable or rewriteable CD or DVD in JPEG format, you'll be able to easily scroll through your photos via the remote control. Now it's easy to enjoy all of your captured memories in true resolution, from the comfort of your living room.
REGZA Link Single Remote Operation
Fewer remotes, less fuss - the convenient and easy REGZA link technology allows you to use a single remote to operate connected Toshiba TVs and DVD or Blu-ray players.
SD3005KB-2 DVD Player
Remote Control and Batteries
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Small and light
- Upscaling to near full HD quality using a HDMI cable (not included). I can really tell the difference in the super quality image.
- Very easy to set up and use. No complex menus.
- Options when watching a DVD can be easily changed by pressing a button on remote control, such as Subtitles, or Audio.
- Good build quality.
- Quiet operation, no loud fans or rattling DVD disk trays.
- Night-time mode, to reduce the extreme ends of the audio.
- Remote control is very small. Some people will have trouble seeing button text, and easy to press wrong button as buttons are so small.
- Display on front of unit is small. Difficult to see time elapsed unless I get up close.
- No optical port to connect to sound bar. I have yet to find any DVD player with an optical out port.
- If you stop a DVD halfway through, it does not remember the point you got to when you switch the unit off. When switched back on, it starts from the beginning again. I have to press the Next Chapter button until I reach the point I got to.
Overall, a really good DVD player, but with some annoying issues especially it not remembering the point where I stopped watching a DVD. In all defence, I have yet to find the perfect DVD player even amongst the really expensive models. I am still very happy with my purchase, as it is far better than the complicated Samsung home cinema system I had before with awful audio quality.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very basic machine but does everything you want it to. Great pricePublished 3 months ago by Mr Simon Glastonbury
This slim compact DVD player seems to work well though we havenot used it much. Good stable picture.Published 16 months ago by David H
Bought this a few months ago.Has now developed faults ie.Discs freeze and fails to load some discs,plays a disc then the next time says bad disc. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Michael Harrison
This is the second Toshiba DVD player that I have bought, for use in our Caravan. It is excellent value for money and gives a superb upscaled picture. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Brian
Noises when playing DVDs. Not expecting it to las long to be honest, sounds like it's about to breakPublished 23 months ago by Mark Somerville
Good design and appeal in the looks department, Overall a good quality product, at a great price. I recommend this as a good buy!Published on 28 Mar. 2014 by andrew
For the price this is an excellent purchase delivered on time easy to set up one problem I thought it came with a hdmi cable it didn't so had to buy onePublished on 5 Mar. 2014 by Terence duke
All new DVDs I buy it doesnt play says bad disc but then discs play in my PS3 and other devices - crap!Published on 19 Feb. 2014 by James Harvey