on 6 December 2017
Good picture quality for the price.
on 7 August 2014
I bought this TV 2 years ago and it has caused me nothing but trouble.

The USB port is pretty useless. When I originally bought it I plugged in my hard drive and discovered it could only play avi files and not even all avi files, only certain ones. So if your video collection is made up of mp4 or any other file types they won't play on this TV. To top it off I did a firmware update on this machine hoping that I could then play more file types but shockingly it did not help and actually stopped it from being able to play any files. Even ones I had been able to play on the T before the upgrade now said "not recognised".

Another fault I have found is that the hdmi ports are unreliable, I had my TV mounted high up on the wall and never had to un-plug the hdmi cables but after just a few weeks I found they kept losing connection. I would be playing on my PS3 and would lose the picture and sound for a second then it would come back. At first I lived with it as it was only a second and didn't happen often but they became more frequent as time passed.

I have since bought an LG TV from around the same year and it is superior in every way to this Toshiba TV. I can play any file type on it with no problem and have not had any problems at all. The picture and sound quality is actually a lot better too. Must admit I didn't have a problem with the Toshiba picture or sound but can see a big difference between the two.

I bought Toshiba as I thought they were a good brand for TVs and would be top quality and have good customer service but none of these things were true. I contacted Toshiba via their online contact link and never received a reply. I don't know about the customer support for LG as I have never had reason to contact them.
on 18 November 2012
I bought this as a TV for my room in a student house, mainly for my Xbox and general procrastination! At first glance it looks like a smart unit, well built with a decent remote and some rather fancy touch buttons on the set.

The picture is excellent, very well balanced colours and the blacks are nicely defined with plenty of depth in the picture, no washed out look that you find on some TVs. There is little motion blur on fast paced viewing like Formula 1. The picture from the Xbox is also excellent (I use a £5 HDMI cable I bought from Amazon), Halo 4 and Forza look fantastic, as well as pretty much every other game. With my laptop connected its the same story, the picture is nicely reproduced with excellent scale. I honestly can't see much difference in picture to my parents £700 Sony bought 2 years ago (it is also HD Ready with similar ppi).

The sound is average, I am not a fan of backwards facing sound bars, especially as mine faces into a small cavity. The sound can be a little tinny and there is little to no bass. However once connected to my Hi-Fi the sound is fine, I would suggest using an external sound system to achieve better results. Having said this, you may not find much different on high end models as most companies seem to be going in for rear sound bars in an unfortunate case of style over function.

There are plenty of connections on the back, 2 HDMI, Scart, USB, Headphone Jack, A/V Composite to name a few. The menus are simple to navigate, changing source and channel is easy and the TV guide is quite good for a budget model.

Now for the niggles, there are only a few and are hardly deal breakers for me. Firstly the touch buttons while a nice idea are a bit hit and miss, they can not respond at all and then suddenly overreact to the slightest touch which can be annoying at times, but I rarely use them anyway. The other (and worst) problem is turning the TV on, it can take a few clicks of the on button on the remote to actually turn the set on which can be annoying. Once the set is on it is great, and turning the set off is fine, but a bit of patience is needed to turn it on.

Overall this TV is a great budget buy, I'm sure there are better models out there for more, but I paid £220 for this and feel it was worth every penny, maybe not as a main set but certainly for a bedroom or elsewhere. There are a few minor problems but these are far outweighed by the quality of picture and general look of the set. All in all an excellent buy, I would definitely recommend this!
on 24 September 2016
Very happy thank you :-)
on 1 September 2016
on 8 November 2012
on 10 February 2016
on 5 October 2015
Prompt delivery. Product appeared to be fine but packed up entirely just over one year in operation.
on 27 January 2013
i have just received the TV, but when you change the channels, the info banner doesn't work, it hasn't got the info on it, saying what's on and next!! i have to press the button "info" to get the "what's on now and next! and when changing the channels, the banner also starts fading...weird, and a little worrying...i'm thinking is it supposed to be like this? also sometimes when changing the channels it goes all black and only getting the sound!!! hmmm....
apart from that the TV's good, easy to set up, good picture and light. but my instincts tell me to exchange it with a new one...
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 June 2012
for some reason it sometimes will not turn on but the light just keeps flashing red/green and has to be unplugged and left for a while before it will start again
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse