Tortoises, Terrapins and Turtles of Africa Paperback – 1 Jan 2001
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sub-Saharan Africa has 18 tortoises, 5 softshelled terrapins, 18 side-necked terrapins and 6 turtles - a total of 47 species (Chelonians). This book, in the mould of Chameleons, will discuss this ancient group of reptiles - what they are, body plan (anatomy), where they occur (habitats), and behaviour. All species will then be examined according to description, distribution and habitat, biology with accompanying photographs of the species and its typical habitat. A final section will deal with folklore and uses, relationship with mankind; threats; and survival in captivity.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Reptiles
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences