- Actors: Peter Ustinov, Melina Mercouri, Maximilian Schell, Robert Morley, Akim Tamiroff
- Directors: Jules Dassin
- Producers: Jules Dassin
- Format: PAL, Full Screen, Colour, Dolby, Digital Sound
- Language: German, English, French, Italian
- Subtitles: French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Greek
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.66:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: U
- Studio: Twentieth Century Fox
- DVD Release Date: 4 Oct. 2004
- Run Time: 115 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (60 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B0002VF54S
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,452 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Topkapi [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Thought by many to be the inspiration for the TV series 'Mission: Impossible', Jules Dassin's comedy-thriller follows a group of art thieves as they plot and plan to rob a jewelled dagger from the fortress-like Topkapi Palace museum in sun-soaked Istanbul. With an international cast and a screenplay written by ex-Ealing stalwart Monja Danischewsky, 'Topkapi' is one of the great comic-exotic heist movies.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The performances are uniformly excellent with Peter Ustinov and Robert Morley stealing their various scenes with gems of comic acting. The film itself is nicely structured and plot generates a good deal of suspense as the actual robbery itself takes place.
The film has not dated badly and due to the expertise of all concerned and the sheer eccentricity of some of the characters it retains a freshness that many other sixties heist movies don't.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Has dated a bit but still great to see Ustinov doing his seedy spiv turn and a funny cameo from the wonderful Akim TamiroffPublished 2 months ago by A. Reader
Good period drama incorporating some good scenes of the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul.Published 11 months ago by Mr. M. A. Khan
A Multi national cast ham it up in great style with Ustinov in Oscar winning part.Published 12 months ago by Ian Patterson