Customer reviews

on 12 July 2009
Great little book. Handy size with useful maps. Told us what we needed to know without wasting pages on subjective rhetoric. Nicely divided into sections for various interests: sights, art, bridges, museums etc.
Certainly helped us make the most of our trip.
on 12 June 2009
I found this city guide very easy to follow with obvious sections that a visitor might want, there was also a uesful map at the back. Good value and I would buy again for future cities.
on 12 February 2010
This book was absolutely brilliant, without it I think we would have been roaming around getting lost constantly, as the streets of Venice are like a rat run!! We went to several of the restaurants mentioned in the book, the best being the Osteria, we would never have come across it without this book, well worth a visit, pricey though!! Brilliant little book just to keep in the bag for your trip to Venice!
on 23 March 2010
A great way to plan your visit. I had been to Venice twice before, but got much more out of this short two day visit with this book. The eating places were great to get the real feel of Venice. The top ten "rainy day items", vistas etc were a greta way to plan a day. My own personal favourites were the top ten relics in St Marks Basilica, these were nothing short of hilarious...
on 14 March 2010
This is an extremely useful book with pull-out map. There is plenty of information and accompanying pictures to add to the enjoyment of a short break in Venice. I can thoroughly recommend this book.
on 8 November 2010
This book is invaluable if you are planning a trip to Venice - it is compact so easy to slip into your bag, has a lot of very useful and relevant information without having to trawl through pages of history and as an added bonus there is a handy map on the front cover that we referred to for almost every site we visited. I didn't go anywhere without this guide and will keep my well-thumbed copy for when I return to this beautiful, unique city (hopefully soon!)
on 20 September 2011
So many books, so little time to decide which one to go for! We were pleased with this book, although not everything was relevant to us for our 4-day stay. We will be returning to Venice again and will use this as a companion guide.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse