Customer reviews

Top Trumps: Dr Who (Nintendo DS)
Platform: Nintendo DS|Change
Price:£19.99+ Free shipping

on 11 February 2010
Mine is a household full of Who enthusiasts, and one of the ways we have fun with that is playing the card game, Top Trumps (the Dr's version). When I saw a DS game for that, I bought it, in spite of some reviews that were less that encouraging.
I have since purchased two more. Someone wrote that a child had gone through every stage in the game in one sitting. Well, he must have sat there for a very long time, or played the "quick" games. I still haven't finished the entire series. I'm not a gamer, therefore not an expert. But, I like it and am enjoying winning.
The kids like it too, though. It's fast, it requires some strategy and it's a review of all of those characters we've come to know through the TV series.
I'd buy it again, and I recommend it.
on 20 April 2008
This game is a really strong casual style game and for those who may remember the simple but classic top trumps gameplay and wonder how on earth that would make an exciting video game you will be pleasantly suprised. The developers have come up with a really cool game that has so many levels and features it would take longer than most games to complete!

If you a Dr Who fan then you can't go wrong. If your kids play Top Trumps then they will love this too. The DS game is really polished and the PS2 and PC versions also mean that you can play on a bigger screen at home.
22 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2009
I'm a fourteen year old girl and I love both top tumps and Doctor Who so of course I was really excited about the game when I saw it in the shops. When I finally got it for my birthday, though, I must admit it was a bit disappointing.
The gameplay itself is actually pretty addictive although after a while it did get very boring and repetative. You basically just look at a card and choose the highest number on it that you think will beat your opponents card (like in normal top trumps), and then hope you win. And thats it, over and over again until the game is completed.
The mini games inbetween levels were just plain annoying, they were so pointless and not any fun at all. I thought the music was very annoying also, and often found myself turning the sound off on the DS.
Overall, I think this game is Ok, perhaps good if you just want something to do in the car when bored. But if your looking for a good excting game to keep you occupied for a long time then this is a definite no no.
on 12 December 2009
if you enjoy top trump doctor who cards and like using your DS then this will be liked too. good value, but we wouldn't have bought at original price.
on 22 September 2013
Great stocking filler

Have bought this for my Dr Who crazy daughter for xmas.
It looks great and is boxed well.
on 2 December 2010
This game was bought as a present for grandchildren They rated it as very good. It cerainly kept them quiet for long periods.
on 4 October 2015
Difficult to get the hang of, but once you do, it's fun enough, not as good as the original card game, but still enjoyable!
on 27 May 2008
This game is very boring for 6-9 years. I'm a big fan of doctor who,
but I'm disappointed. If you've got top trumps you can get bored with it
after 2 days.I finished all the levels after 3 days. When this game came out, I really wanted it, but now I wish i'd never bought it! Theres no
use unlocking the minigames, because you will have already done them on the bonus rounds after each level!
on 24 February 2015