Other Sellers on Amazon
Top 40 - Disco Double CD
|Price:||£4.00 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Featuring Top 40 chart smashing hits from artists such as Baccara, Average White Band, The Jacksons, Pointer Sisters, Earth, Wind & Fire, Heatwave, Odyssey and Tom Browne
Top customer reviews
No? Oh well, that must just be me then.
This double disc compilation had three things going for it at the time fate compelled me to urgently relocate it to my shopping basket;
1. It was remarkably cheap. I'm no skinflint but I do notice things like that. My palms started to sweat, that's how much I noticed it. At that stage, it was more a case of trying to find reasons why 'Top 40 - Disco' would NOT be appearing on my doormat within 24 hours.
2. Being comparatively cheap, I naturally assumed the artists I would find on here would be folk I'd never previously heard of. Not so... with the notable exception of about half a dozen people and bands I had never encountered before in this lifetime, most of these are classic tracks. 'T.S.O.P' and 'Rock The Boat' were the ones that really appealed to me. They were calling to me really, enticing me with their undisputable Disco charms. I'm susceptible to that sort of thing sometimes.
3. Far from having to wait a whole 24 hours before Boogieing on down to Baccara in my kitchen, or Blaming It On The Boogie with The Jacksons in my bathroom, I could have all forty tracks 'Auto-Ripped' within seconds... with just one click of a button.
The purchase was practically inevitable at that stage, although I still had an annoyingly sensible little Jimmy Cricket fella on my shoulder, looking suspiciously like my bank manager. No, hang about... JIMINY Cricket, that's the one. Not the chap with the wellies (I'm not THAT weird). What were the potential negatives to my purchase? Well, I do have most of these Disco hits already, on a variety of different discs. Apart from the ones performed by folk I had never previously heard of. I don't want to pick on Rodney Franklin specifically, but he's the sort of bloke I'm talking about. Then again, I don't suppose he's heard of me either, so that probably makes us even. 'The Groove' is pretty catchy mind you, so who cares?
The point is though, this double disc set puts all those songs and tunes in the one convenient place. The sort of place where they can then be played as background music while a person goes about his business engaged in mundane activities like the ironing, the hoovering and trimming the hair in his nostrils.
Jiminy was on increasingly shaky ground by then and he defected to my side with no further argument whatsoever. And, I have to say, whether courtesy of my computer or played at high volume on my CD player, this really is a well-chosen and interesting collection of music, and the sound quality is excellent.
Three cheers for procrastination, that's all I can say!
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category