on 30 March 2017
The most useful of the 'should I stay or go' books I got and I got a few! I found this so incredibly helpful - some simple questions and your gut reaction gives you the answer pretty quickly. I 'knew' early on but read the book through slowly while I came to terms with my decision. I think it really helped the break up - I was so calm and confident in my decision - thankfully my other half was in the same 'place' and we separated calmly and with dignity and no animosity and I have since followed the 'no contact' rule and can honestly say I shed tears only before the break up and none at all since.
on 22 January 2015
It did help me. I left. No regrets. It has been 2 years now.
on 1 July 2017
This book will definitely help if you are unsure about your relationship. Its a bit long winded in part but also ask you a lot of poignant questions. Helped me
on 5 July 2015
Bought it for a pal because it had been my own life-saver in the past.

This isn't just a book, it's a whole series of top-expert counselling sessions in paper format. There is just no arguing with (or avoiding) the salient, bottom-line questions contained in every single chapter regarding everything that really means anything in a marriage or relationship. (...or, should I say, no arguing with the answers that rise up to meet you - answers you knew all along deep down but couldn't grasp and articulate.)

If it doesn't clarify your whole situation, and what to do about it, in one sitting (and I challenge you to not read it in one go!) then it's simply way too soon for you to be making any kind of decision, one way or the other, in which case my recommendation is to wait a few more weeks and try again.

One of the beauties of this book, however, is that there's no bias or subtle influencing: it's indispensable for deciding to 'leave' and then 'leaving' yet equally so if you conclude to 'stay'. Either way, Mira tells it like it is after first helping you fully appreciate then establish 'what is'.

She is one supremely clever, insightful, experienced, realistic and pragmatic lady.
on 22 April 2015
If you're thinking about divorce, then you've already made your decision. This book confirms this and empowers you to make changes in your life for the better. It won't be an easy ride but we pass this way only once. You only have one chance to be happy.
on 9 February 2017
This book poses a number of thought provoking questions which offer insight into what makes relationships work and why it's sometimes best to leave....
It doesn't however offer any guidance for couples experiencing problems due to the menopause.... A significant gap therefore and a surprising one since I imagine most couples experience difficulties during this time.
on 6 September 2015
Its a reality check book for girls like me that think that disney world its a place on earth
on 14 January 2009
This is the best book I have come across in helping you decide whether a relationship is worth saving. It takes you through the issues step by step, asking you a series of questions. If you have been in a bad relationship, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees and its difficult to be objective as to whether your relationship is worth saving, or whether you will be happier in the long run by letting go. Very higly recommended.
on 9 January 2010
A really excellent book - can't recommend it highly enough as it has turned my life around. Read it!
on 1 March 2013
This book contains some very valid points. It is an easy to read step by step guide that addresses the different problems in relationships, including physical issues, concerns with differences in lifestyles and other polarities that you and your partner have that may suggest ending the relationship. It certainly tries and gets you, as the reader, to work very hard in understanding your issues. It is helpful in taking you through many different questions that may lead to clarity, and also provides a very useful section at the back, which comforts you in which ever decision you make.

However, I was still unable to draw any conclusions from this book. Whilst the questions appeared open ended and had a thorough explanation of what the question meant, with the support of examples, for some reason I just could not understand some terms and how they were being used. The last question was problematic too, as mentioned in other reviews about the book, it identifies the word 'problems' without really underpinning what this loaded term means. Does it mean a problem with you as an individual, a problem with your partner, and what about problems that you find are insolvable, but may actually be rectified. I think this last question needed more detail, given it was the last point at which you could evaluate your relationship and the last point in which to get some kind of clarity.

I was slightly disappointed when, for each question the author demands a yes, or no answer and then explains the implications of a yes, or a no; although I understand that a simple yes or no can help alleviate relationship ambivalence, I feel there should have been a section explaining what it meant if you were unsure to an answer. For some questions this yes, or no format was easy but for most questions I found myself answering 'yes, if x is the case, but no if y is taken into account', so in this sense it generated more confusion and frustration as I was not able to answer the questions as directly as I wanted. I just found myself wanting to ask the author directly about my specific situation. This may be a problem with me over analysing the questions, or perhaps not fully understanding their significance, maybe in my relationship there have not been any dramatic examples, only more subtle issues.

But overall, I would say this book is a great read, although it did not help me find any concrete answers, it raised some very good and interesting questions and it certainly did get me to look more thoroughly and honestly at my relationship. I would recommend it to those struggling with relationship ambiguity as I am confident that it helps most people. However, do not necessarily expect all your answers to magically appear.