- Need help choosing a baby monitor? Read our Monitor Buying Guide to understand the different types available and which features will suit your needs.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Join Amazon Prime and save £15 when you spend £60 in our Baby Store*, compliments of Amazon Family
Amazon Prime offers exclusive benefits, is easy to join and comes with a 30-day free trial period for new members. To redeem this offer join Amazon Prime, then add at least £60 worth of baby products (excludes nappies) to your basket and enter promotional code 'BABYGC16'. Discount applies at checkout and Offer ends December 31, 2016. Offer only applies to Qualifying Items purchased and dispatched from Amazon.co.uk at the website www.amazon.co.uk. It does not apply to purchases made from third-party sellers at Amazon.co.uk’s Marketplace platform. The Qualified Promotions Terms & Conditions and Promotional Code and Promotional Credit Terms & Conditions apply. Join Amazon Prime now
Tomy Y7575UK Digital Baby Monitor with LCD display
- Audio monitor with 120 interference-free auto-select channels
- Rechargeable parent unit with 350 m range for flexibility
- Displays temperature and clock, two-way talkback and lullabies
- Sound level light display to monitor with the volume off
- Remote-controlled nightlight with adjustable brightness
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
The Tomy TF550 Digital Baby monitor is easy to use and has all the functions you would expect from a baby monitor plus a range of additional features. Simply switch it on for a crystal clear, interference-free connection to your baby. The Tomy monitor comes with a useful nightlight which allows you to control the brightness. You can also talk to your baby and play lullabies from another room to help gently soothe your little one. It also comes with a temperature indicator, vibrate mode and clock.
The monitor comes with a sound level light display that lets you 'see' baby's sounds if you have the volume turned down - when the lights go from green to red, you know baby is crying or calling out. The two-way talkback feature allows you to talk to your baby from another room and an LCD backlit screen on the parent unit shows the ambient temperature in the nursery where the baby unit sits. The baby unit also plays lullabies to gently settle your baby back to sleep; the lullabies can be activated from both the baby and the parent units.
The baby unit features a soft glowing nightlight which can be activated remotely from the parent unit; it has adjustable brightness and works independently from the parent unit so it can continue to be used once baby is older and monitoring is no longer required. The TF550 also features a rechargeable parent unit so there is no hassle with batteries and a belt clip on the parent unit for hands-free convenience. A simple press of a button on the baby unit also sets off a pager, which will help locate the parent unit if it is misplaced.
Features and benefits
- DECT technology ensures an interference-free connection with crystal clear sound and 100 per cent privacy
- Features a long 350 m range in optimum conditions
- The monitor automatically selects from 120 channels to give you good quality sound
- Two-way talkback so parents can reassure baby from afar
- Remote-controlled nightlight with adjustable brightness
- LCD display on the parent unit shows the room temperature
- Temperature indicator light on baby unit with four settings: cold, ideal, warm and hot
- Clock LCD display on parent unit with a backlight so you can see the time day and night
- Key buttons are illuminated for ease of use in the dark
- Sound level light display allows you to stay alert to baby's noises even with the volume off
- Sound activation mode for when your baby is that little bit older and it's not necessary to hear her every sound
- Remote-controlled lullabies to settle baby back to sleep
- Rechargeable parent unit with belt clip for hands-free convenience
- Low battery and out-of-range alarms for extra reassurance
- Features a pager function to help locate the parent unit if misplaced
Browse the Full Range of Tomy Baby Monitors
|Range||350 metres||350 metres||350 metres||350 metres||300 metres|
|Sound level display||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Low battery indicator||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Rechargeable parent unit||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Baby temperature display||✔|
|Day and night video||✔|
1 x Parent unit
1 x Baby unit
2 x Mains adaptors
1 x Instruction manual
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Good points are: (1) the clock on the parent unit (useful for keeping track of how long your baby sleeps), (2) the belt clip on the parent unit actually stays clipped onto your clothes pretty well, (3) the light indicators on the parent unit to show you crying levels when volume is turned down, and (4) reasonably good sound quality, though not as sensitive as either BT models we've owned (which picked up breathing).
Bad points are:
(1) night light on baby unit is too bright even on lowest setting (useful if you want to be able to see by it at night, but an orangey light would be better as a comforting nightlight),
(2) even with the night light off the 'on/off' button on the baby units glows bright green when on, red when off and flashes green/red when the parent unit is off. This is unnecessarily bright. I have to put a coaster on top to dim the green glow when baby is sleeping.
(3) the hole for the charging cable in the parent unit is in a stupid place so it is impossible to stand it up whilst charging. (4) The curved design of the parent unit means when stood up the unit is easily knocked over. A more rubberised or less curvy base would prevent this.
(5) the intercom button on the parent unit is located on the side just where you naturally want to put you fingers to pick it up, so it is easily pressed accidentally (not good for light sleeping little ones!).Read more ›
Neither of my kids are great sleepers and, if one of them begins to stir in the night, it's imperative that we get to them before they get into full throttle and wake the other. It's therefore essential that we have a decent bit of listening equipment at our disposal and this one definitely fits the bill.
It's intuitive, looks good and has a range of features that ought to give parents peace of mind. All of the things that you would expect from a bit of kit like this are there; a clock, a nightlight, a temperature gauge, the ability to talk to your children through the parent unit and lights around the perimeter of the display to indicate the volume of noise. Another feature that makes this monitor so accessible is a vibrate feature for those with hearing difficulties or noisy rooms.
The thing that has impressed me most about this model is the distinct lack of white noise we had become used to with the old monitor - which was a top-of-the-range offering when we bought it a couple of years ago. With the previous one, it could sometimes be tricky to differentiate between a snuffle and a car passing outside. Not so with the TF550; the sound quality is excellent and seems to pick up even the quietest of noises without interference.
Ease of use is probably the biggest plus for me - when you're completely knackered by a new baby, the last thing you want to have to do is think every time you put baby to bed. With simple pictograms and super-simple set-up, you can more or less `plug and play'.
The parent unit keeps you up to date with room temperature, provides real clarity of sound, allows you to talk to your children as well as to listen to them, and remotely control both night light and lullabies. It also has a vibrate setting for those noisier occasions and the hard of hearing, which is a nice touch.
The baby unit is a far simpler affair, but still allows you to adjust the brightness of the night light, lets you know the ambient temperature and has a pager button for when the parent unit goes AWOL. Both units feel reassuringly robust.
I love this monitor, it's made a real difference to bedtime.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does what you need... Providing its plugged in all the time, our parent monitor has a crap battery life, literally won't show anything unless its plugged in which kinda defeats... Read morePublished 15 days ago by ellie
Great monitor and much improved on the earlier model that we had 4 years ago. Great value for money.Published 3 months ago by Caroline
Reasonably priced and functions well. The only negative is that it annoyingly makes loud beeping noises whenever you change the volume or unplug the charger.Published 3 months ago by Ben Allsup
Terrible it's like Blackpool Illuminations with the lights!! Sent back, bought the Avent monitor which is fabulousPublished 4 months ago by vicky
Had no problems does what it says and got at brilliant price in the salePublished 4 months ago by louise redden
Very good price for this Tomy Monitor with good features.Appears to work well for our son's new baby. New Parents are happy.Published 4 months ago by Janice Bolter