Tomy Thomas Track Master Thomas At Tidmouth Sheds Set
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- A big remote-control Thomas set with sound effects
- Includes special face-changing feature on Thomas
- Special connectors for use with Thomas TMRR also included
- Set dimensions: approximately 125 x 132 cm
- Requires 6 x AAA batteries
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Young engineers can control Thomas' every move in this big remote control train set! A touch of the controller moves Thomas forwards or backwards with a chug of his engine. Another button stops him with a hiss of his brakes. Includes whistles and other sound effects. Twist the turntable to allow Thomas to enter the shed and watch its doors open and close as Thomas enters or leaves the shed. Watch as Thomas's expression changes as he chugs through the mountain while Harold waits on the helipad.
Top Customer Reviews
* Remote controlled Thomas has to be permanently coupled to his wagon because that is the battery compartment. Toddlers might not care, but older children (and adults!) might find this a bit frustrating as it just looks wrong.
* Remote controlled Thomas needs three AAA batteries, compared to one battery in other engines, plus three more in the remote control.
* If you prefer rechargeable batteries you'll have to get used to the 'low battery' light on Thomas flashing in use as it doesn't take long for it to appear even with freshly charged batteries.
* Sound effects are not optional with the remote control.
* Remote control Thomas has to be used with the remote control. He cannot be pushed around by hand as the other Track Master engines can.
* The engine sheds are a little fiddly to assemble and not robust in use.
* The engine sheds have no back to them so look a bit silly from some angles.
* The turntable will take one engine (it just about holds Thomas plus his wagon) as you might expect, but to decouple engines from their wagons or trains requires a couple of hands and lifting and/or twisting and this might restrict the play value.
* Unless you have other engines the turntable is definitely of limited play value.
* The bridge isn't on high enough risers to function as a railway flyover (compared with Echo Cave).
I bought this set at half price. At full price I suspect that one of the other sets might have turned out to be a better purchase.
Update (after 22 months): I stand by all the above comments. I will also add three more.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
part of sons crimbo, he loved it, the control is nice and big for a young child to operate easily.Published on 9 Jan. 2010 by Paul
I bought this for my 4 year old son who loves Thomas the Tank Engine and train sets. It's rather disappointing as the sheds are easily breakable and very fiddly to fix. Read morePublished on 3 Jan. 2010 by V. Rowell