Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £4.48 UK delivery
TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with Western European Maps and Lifetime Map Updates
|Price:||£89.55 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£40.44 (31%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 5 inch widescreen resistive touchscreen
- Integrated mounting with flip screen
- Featuring enhanced lane guidance and route planning
- Equipped with fixed speed camera alerts and spoken street names
- Free lifetime map updates from the TomTom map share community
There is a newer model of this item:
TomTom products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the TomTom limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with Western European Maps and Lifetime Map Updates
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Display Size||5 inches||5 inches||5 inches||5 inches|
|Dimensions||9.5 cm x 2 cm x 13.4 cm||8.4 cm x 13.7 cm x 1.9 cm||9.1 cm x 2.2 cm x 14.5 cm||9 cm x 2.2 cm x 14.6 cm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Style Name: 25 Sat Nav Western European | Size: 5"
TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with Western European Maps - Black.
TomTom Start 25 device
USB car charger
From the Manufacturer
Your Journey… Easy With A To B Navigation
Get started with a navigation system that works right from the box - the TomTom Start 25 is a great introduction to what satellite navigation can do for you, Whether you’re driving familiar roads or venturing somewhere new, the TomTom Start gives you peace of mind. It’s the best device in its league, and surprisingly easy to use. See high quality maps on its larger screen, and trust it to guide you safely through complex junctions for a confident drive.
Always drive with the latest map. Get to your destination faster with Lifetime Maps.
Advanced Lane Guidance
Clearly shows which lane to take at junctions so you don't miss your turning. On the most difficult highway intersections, realistic 3D representation of the junction keeps you relaxed and safe.
Your device will give you warning of fixed speed camera locations. It can save you money on speeding fines, helping you drive safely and relaxed.
Find nearby parking with the aid of your TomTom device. Since Parking Assist is available throughout your journey, you can choose to navigate directly to the nearest car park when planning your route, or find parking en route – either near your destination or close to your current location.
Integrated Mount with Flip Screen
A convenient foldaway mount that's integrated with your device, so it's always there when you need it. It attaches easily to your windscreen. And using the optional mounting disk, you can turn it upside down and position it on your dashboard too, where the screen automatically flips to the right way up.
Easy Access to Frequent Destinations
You can choose icons for your most frequent destinations and add your own text. This makes your navigation experience truly your own with even easier and quicker navigation to the places you go most often.
The world’s largest database of real travel times gives you the fastest routes and the most accurate arrival times – it’s genius!
Benefit from free daily map changes, reported by the Map Share Community, and get to your destination without unwanted surprises.
World class maps
Map-making is in TomTom’s DNA; we’ve been making world-class maps for more than 25 years. We combine state-of-the-art technologies with real-time updates from the more than 21 million drivers in our Map Share community to create the most accurate and up-to-date maps available.
Europe’s road network changes regularly. We work tirelessly to make sure you always have the most up-to-date map. With FREE Lifetime Maps you can download the most recent map at least 4 times each year, for the life of your device.
- Battery lifetime: Up to 2 hours autonomous operation
- Vehicle mount: Passive, foldable windscreen mount
- Memory: Internal memory MicroSD slot
- Connectivity: no LIVE services connectivity, no Bluetooth
|Start 20/25||Start 20/25 - Lifetime||GO 40/50/60||GO 510/610||GO 5100/6100|
|Maps||UK||Western Europe||Western Europe||World maps||World maps|
|Advanced lane guidance||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Lifetime map updates||✓||✓||✓|
|Lifetime TomTom traffic||✓||✓||✓|
|Lifetime TomTom Speed Cameras||✓||✓|
|Fully Interactive screen||✓||✓|
|Sim & Data included||✓|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Firstly about this model Tom Tom Start 25M
1. Comes with free map updates
2. Traditional TomTom menu system which most people are used to
3. Simple menu system works well on this good quality resistive screen
4. Excellent screen contrast and clarity
5. Has TomTom IQ Routes
6. Can easily highlight a piece of road on the map and then press “Travel Via” which causes the Tomtom to include that section of the road when planning its rout. You can do this without having to pre-program a stop or waypoint etc
7. Learns from your preferred route inputs so it takes you that way in future by default
8. 3D navigation allows you to see further into the distance and you can see horizon making navigation easier and more predictable. VERY IMPORTANT on unfamiliar or winding roads. This feature reminds me of the excellent CoPilot software for mobile phones. See this link regarding a comparison of the old and new screen layouts............https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/direct-comparison-new-range-with-old-690610
9. Excellent battery life
10. Will display Points Of Interest on screen at all times if you want
11. Retains your destination once you reached it, which is helpful in case you pass it
12. Clear road names all along route
1. Traffic information received by additional TMC traffic receiver (purchased separately). Known to be slower to pick up traffic information but it's totally free and works across Europe. This is a subscription free service and therefore can not be deactivated by TomTom.Read more ›
My Sat Nav was up to date straight out of the box but I connected it up and it updated the traffic cameras and some shared map info with no problems. You can check if yours is up to date by going to 'settings',then 'me and my device', then 'about my device'. At the time of writing an up Sat Nav will read on the second line (App 12.045.1067676.84 (0) 2041, 19/9/2012 [the date I did it, yours will have a different date of course] OS 1017068. Be warned this is not a fast process even with a Broadband connection!
I really like the 5" screen it's bright and clear and the voice is clear and very loud. The new holder remains with the Sat Nav when you remove it from the windscreen and folds flat - which is a very good idea. If you did have any problems with it, it can be easily removed and cheaply replaced. Putting it on a windscreen and removing it is simplicity itself. Having spoken road names is great and you are sometimes surprised by the fact that you never really knew the name of a road you travelled on for years! Not all the voices work with spoken road names you must choose one that says it speaks street names of which there is only one English one on my Sat Nav (Serena). I found it picks up the satellites very quickly and the speed at which it processes routes is very very good.Read more ›
* Very quick to start up
* Quick to find satellites
* I like the new Motorway lane guidance
* The mounting is superb
* It is thin and light enough to go into my pocket
* Updating the maps is easy although, inevitably, a 3GB download takes a while: 2 1/2 hours in my case
The only issue I had was that it wouldn't connect via MyDrive. I phoned TomTom and they could not have been more helpful - apparently I had to de-register my old TomTom Go 700 before the new one would connect.
As many others have noted, phoning is much better than the website support which I found largely incomprehensible !
Beware - no free map updates at all.
This was a "promotion" and it was available until end of 2015.
This model comes with a map which is roughly 2 years old and it can NOT be updated for free.
When plugged into PC it will update software and what-not but not the map.
The "my drive" will state that your "subscription expired".
A map update will cost you £40 per year.
For me - it is a con.
Customer service contacted twice but so far no answer.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wished I had it years ago. Very happy but could do with a cover for it. ??Published 2 hours ago by Sarah Sheehan
this is not as advertised, there are no ROI maps and i am not allowed to leave feedback to get a post paid labelPublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Not a bad piece of kit for the money but too quiet to be heard over a radio (on low volume) which is rather annoyingPublished 2 days ago by PeterFromSandhurst
This item is no longer usable after only actually be used for 6 months and not very often (present for someone). Outside of return date period though, so lost money.Published 2 days ago by Robert Gray
Great bit of kit. Voices are a bit bland, so we installed Brian Blessed, now we just drive around listening to him!!!Published 2 days ago by Mr. DL Griffiths