on 28 April 2017
Great!
on 14 September 2011
I bought this kit for a second vehicle. The mount and charger are exactly the same as those supplied with my TomTom 750. As with most mounts the original one has developed a small amount of play in the attachment after some months use but certainly nothing to worry about and overall I've found it far better than the mounts supplied with my previous TomTom units (TomTom520 and TomTom One v2).

I've found the suction mechanism on this mount extremely robust and reliable and hence chose this kit to keep in my other vehicle rather than opt for a cheaper 3rd party kit.
on 15 November 2013
Bought as a replacement for my original mount kit which had developed a crack in mount holder. This one (which has a Matsui label) feels better made than the original and works perfectly well with my GO LIVE 550.

Loses 1 star because the packaging was next to impossible to get into!
on 30 June 2012
These items work perfectly... until they break!

Pros
1. Attaches to the windscreen with a press and twist action and the sucker has never detached from the windscreen
2. Easy to attach a satnav to the cradle, just drop it in a push it back gently until it clicks into place
3. Easy to detach a satnav from the cradle, just press the button at the bottom, pull and life the satnav clear
4. Easy to reposition, simply twist the cradle, helpful to minimize reflections from the screen or if your passenger will be looking at the satnav
5. Very stable, though if you are on a rough road or going at a high speed it can visibly vibrate, though this vibration is silent

Cons
1. This is a major failing, I have had two of these cradles and both have lasted less than 10 months, both times it has been the same part that has broken, a small plastic clip inside that holds the two parts together sheers off causing the cradle to detach from the suction cup. I suspect this is partly due to changing temperatures causing the plastic to perish, and partly due to the vibration as well as attaching/detaching the satnav. For the price of the device I would expect these to last longer, which could simply be done by changing the tiny plastic clip to a metal clip.

Overall, these are great, but the fact that they do not last means that I no longer think that they are good value for money.
on 11 July 2013
The previous reviewers were correct when they complained that this unit is not sufficiently robust. In my case the mini-USB connector has broken rendering the unit unchargable.
I know that I am not a design engineer but wouldnt you imagine that sturdier components should have been specified.
Now there is a problem getting hold of a replacement unit without having to pay an extortionate amount as it is becoming increasingly rare.
When I bought this unit, it was one of the most expensive Sat Navs available. Now I am having to pay a substantial part of the cost again just to get a holder that fits.
All-in-all, with my experiences of being shipped a broken second-use product instead of a new product when I initially purchased this device, and then days of trying to claim back a voucher that was given with it for up-to-date maps, this has not been a happy experience at all.
on 24 June 2013
I was very disappointed when the mount that came with my Go Live 950 lasted 15 months. I've got to add that I use my device all day during the week to get around for work but I'd still have expected the mount to last a lot longer.

The design & look of this replacement mount, looks exactly like the original one I had. It works well and looks solid, just like my last one did before it broke all of a sudden. The small plastic clip which connects the suction cup to the rest of the mount, which was the broken part on my other one, is still on this one. This seems to be the weak link on the Go Live Active Dock Mount and I can't see that TomTom have done anything to strengthen this part.

I've rated this mount 4 stars, rather than 3 stars because TomTom have incorporated an RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver as well as ports to connect your ipod to your vehicle audio system while controlling the ipod from your TomTom device. You'll need to purchase additional cables to use the ipod ports and of course have a compatible vehicle that allows the connection.

The RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver connects to the FM frequency to pick up road traffic info sent out by radio stations and uses the information to re-route your trip if necessary. Purchasing this receiver seperately will cost about £10, so I suppose it adds value to the mount. I've got a Live subscription on my device which provides traffic info to my device every 2 minutes, so I don't exactly need the RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver which picks up traffic info every 15 minutes. It will however do as a back up if I loose my Live Traffic signal or if I choose not to renew my subscription.

I'm not too keen on connecting my ipod to my vehicle, but if you like that sort of thing, this mount gives you the option to be able to do so.

All in all, this mount will serve its purpose I'm sure but I'd be a lot happier if it lasts a lot longer than my last one.

I wish TomTom will take note and change the design to replace that offending plastic bit that easily breaks or at least reduce the price of the mount to a more reasonable price that reflects its apparent short lifespan.
on 20 February 2013
It's a pity that the new TomToms have an integrated mount as this one which fits the older Go Live models as above means you can easily detach the device. It also comes with an unexpected bonus - the TMC lead which means that your Go Live device will now receive TMC traffic if you decide not to renew the Go Live subscription.
on 22 January 2013
Slightly different from what I was expecting as it has an aerial that my other one doesn't (it folds up hidden behind the unit so don't know it's there). But as a second/back up mount its great as I don't have to keep bring the one in my car out when we use my wife's car on a long journey. So that way it does its job.
on 24 July 2013
it does the function as the one I got with the sat nav, it's a bit stiff in the neck, but nevertheless it's doing what it's needed for, to mount the tomtom, delivery was in time as well, as I needed it for work, many thanks Amazon, excellent service as usual.
on 8 May 2013
Well just received this and when i purchased it. stated new i dont think so as the part what fits to the window was all grubby and when i tried to move the ball round it was jammed and it snapped off. so thats almost £25 down the drain.