Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
Good but does not last
on 30 June 2012
These items work perfectly... until they break!
1. Attaches to the windscreen with a press and twist action and the sucker has never detached from the windscreen
2. Easy to attach a satnav to the cradle, just drop it in a push it back gently until it clicks into place
3. Easy to detach a satnav from the cradle, just press the button at the bottom, pull and life the satnav clear
4. Easy to reposition, simply twist the cradle, helpful to minimize reflections from the screen or if your passenger will be looking at the satnav
5. Very stable, though if you are on a rough road or going at a high speed it can visibly vibrate, though this vibration is silent
1. This is a major failing, I have had two of these cradles and both have lasted less than 10 months, both times it has been the same part that has broken, a small plastic clip inside that holds the two parts together sheers off causing the cradle to detach from the suction cup. I suspect this is partly due to changing temperatures causing the plastic to perish, and partly due to the vibration as well as attaching/detaching the satnav. For the price of the device I would expect these to last longer, which could simply be done by changing the tiny plastic clip to a metal clip.
Overall, these are great, but the fact that they do not last means that I no longer think that they are good value for money.