on 2 October 2016
I got this after dropping my TomTom 150 and breaking it. I liked that when you logged in, it already knew all my saved places, home, work, etc.

Tethering was a lot easier than with my last TomTom. The screen size is excellent. It's very easy to use too. Well recommended!
on 27 April 2017
Bought for work. Very pleased : there is a satisfying click to attach to the screen and no problems with falling off, even with aircon on. Nice size, really easy to use, makes travelling a lot more hassle free
on 7 June 2017
It is OK when you get used to it but it is not by any means the easiest o f satnavs to use and you ha e to be very precise about where youneed to go. I much prefer Google maps on my iPhone.
on 24 April 2015
TOM TOM 60

I missed my Tom Tom app on my previous Android phone and had to make do with other satnav apps so I am a big fan of Tom Tom.

I bought a Tom Tom XL in 2005. Ten years and a failing battery later, I decided it was time to see how far SatNav technology had progressed and bought the Tom Tom 60 through Amazon's 'lightening' deals, which sees a product substantially reduced in price for a limited time. My original Tom Tom XL still works, but the battery doesn't hold its charge, which is not a big issue once connected to the car.

Firstly, I was struck how large the screen is. Yet, it's not that heavy. The response time from switching it on to it becoming fully operational is quicker. I'm afraid it all went downhill from there. Turning the device on, I immediately noticed the low contrast compared to my previous model and there is no real way of adjusting this. There is a more limited range of map colours than my XL, but this is down to individual preference and no big deal to me. Trying to obtain updates from the Tom Tom site proved difficult. It updated some features but refused to finish them all.

Coming from a touch-sensitive iPhone, I found the resistive touch sensitivity on the Tom Tom awkward at first as it doesn't seem as responsive as the XL, but happily I am getting used to it.

Over a month on, I am still unsure about this device. Inputting destination settings seem to be unduly complicated, although it seems to find the relevant address quickly enough. I did find myself driving in the wrong direction once as the device calculated my previous route and not the current one. There is no clear statement of destination and I found myself double checking the route on every journey.

Fixing it to the windscreen is certainly much easier, but because of its size, can obscure your vision if not thoughtfully placed. I tried the voice control with limited success. It failed to recognize my verbal instructions on several occasions. If you consider Google voice control highly, as a 10, then I would assess the Tom Tom's comparable performance a mere 4 out of ten.

The traffic update feature, which is missing on the XL, is useful once your mobile is tethered to the GO 60. Obviously, this requires possession of a mobile and a bit of fiddling in Settings to tether. Once set up, on short journeys at least, all is fine.

I am very surprised, given the vast improvement in mobile technology in recent years and the production of mobile navigation apps, that Tom Tom seems to have fallen by the wayside. In my view, This Tom Tom GO 60 possesses no vast advantage to earlier versions or even the current Tom Tom mobile app. The traffic update feature may be useful in indicating how long you may be waiting in a traffic jam and has a useful route diversion feature. But live updates notwithstanding, earlier versions and current satnav apps have re-routing features as standard. It would have been nice if there were a contrast control, better touch sensitivity and an ever-present indication of your destination.

I bought the Tom Tom 60 at less than half the price of the original Tom Tom XL, yet I feel the Tom Tom XL represents the better value. I am struggling to justify the GO 60 purchase. Had this later model not been offered at a substantially reduced price, a swift return for a refund would have been the likely outcome or, more probably, I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

To be fair, it's still early days and I'm still getting the hang of it. I may find things I can do I previously thought weren't possible. At the moment, I don't feel confident enough to let go of my old Tom Tom XL until I've mastered the operation of this one.

Pros:

* Big screen
* Quick operation from switch it on
* Live Traffic Updates
* Quick search results
* Easier fixing to windscreen
* Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

* Large screen can obscure vision
* Low contrast makes viewing map difficult
* Requires fully charged mobile phone for tethering
* No clear Destination statement
* Wouldn't update from Tom Tom site
* Hesitant touch sensitivity
* Several more clicks and checks required before finally starting your journey
* Hit and miss voice commands.

UPDATE:- I've since sold this product and opted for the Tom Tom 6100 with which I am far happier.
66 Comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2015
Had tomtom say nave for years. This has the latest software version which in some respects is far better but in some lacks. It's more fully to get to favourites and they have renamed certain things, so will take a little getting used to but all in all am very pleased with the upgrade to this model.
on 15 August 2017
Fantastic sat nav. Easy to set up and chose destnations.
on 4 August 2017
Well we've not been lost yet and updates roads and tolls as soon as we connect up in the car.
on 8 September 2017
This is easy to operate and is very good to follow
on 17 July 2017
very happy with this and arrived on time ...
on 26 April 2017