Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (PS3)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard Edition
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 plunges fans into an explosive environment where they can become elite aerial soldiers in control of the world's most technologically advanced aircraft. The game will appeal to a wide array of gamers as players will have the chance to control exceptional pilots trained to use cutting edge technology in amazing aerial warfare missions.
Aerial warfare has evolved. So have you. As a member of the ultra-secret HAWX 2 squadron, you are one of the chosen few. One of the truly elite. You will use finely honed reflexes, bleeding-edge technology and ultra-sophisticated aircraft – their existence denied by many governments – to dominate the skies. You will do so by mastering every nuance of the world’s finest combat aircraft. You will slip into enemy territory undetected, deliver a crippling blow and escape before he can summon a response. You will use your superior technology to decimate the enemy from afar, then draw him in close for a pulse-pounding dogfight. You will do all this with professionalism, skill and consummate lethality. Because you are a member of HAWX 2. And you are one of the finest military aviators the world has ever known.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Fingers crossed the next Ace Combat will be here quickly ~ this doesn't even come close to the PS2 AC games.
Best flight sim on PS3 is IL2, best flight arcade remains HAWX(1) then Heroes Over Europe then finally at the bottom...this.
After spending considerable time playing this game this weekend I can confidently say that this game is a big improvement over HAWX1.
Now you can do
1. take off and landings
2. Mid air refuelling (which actually requires more precision flying than you would assume.
3. Fly a predator drone
4. Provide air support with a AC130 gunship
5. Better quality graphics and "feel" of the different airctaft
Most important the AI is improved so it is actually more challenging and requires more focus/concentration than HAWX1 did.
One reviewer comapred this to HALO. We should only compare like-for-like. How many games can compare to the HALO series????
This is a really fun arcade style flying game which is a considerable improvement from HAWX1.
1) You cannot complete some missions without playing through them at least once and working out which part of reality is being twisted, thus how to complete the mission according to the game's contrived algorithm, rather than how you would LOGICALLY go about it based on the information given to you, what you can see in advance of flying just 100m from it (too late then!) and the given weapons available etc.
2) Speaking of which, the game is so un-intuitive that it even gives you sudden new weapons or manoeuvres to perform, like precision bombing, which you haven't ever practised! Without telling you how they can and CAN'T be used, often. Annoying to get a 'Wrong Plane Position' message, or 'Target Too Close' message. OK, WTF are the distances, then? Sure it tells you ONCE, and you have to remember, from ten missions back!
Whilst counting-down a timer to give you pressure! Failing and repeating is inevitable - NOT the hallmark of a good game in the hands of a (reasonably) skilled player, is it? NOT rewarding, just tedious as others have mentioned. Most missions may not have these issues, but are STILL very often unintiutive to work out how to complete them in the ONE playing. Like you get in real life - no second chances. Any game worth a toss enables 'natural' gameplay like this, not repetitive 1980s-Arcade-style trial-and-error... you'd think things would have progressed, right?
3) All the above is made the worse by the poor control system. OK, I'm still new to PS3 (yes, in 2014!) but I've been playing games since 1985 at least.Read more ›
About a third of the missions are very short and seem a little irrelevant, the graphics don't seem as good as HAWX1, although they look great while at altitude when you go really low the trees look very blocky and unnatural.
Like most games nowadays UBISOFT and HAWX2 seem to put more effort into their multiplayer modes than the central story and peripherals, also 60% of the trophies are for multiplayer mode!
All in all a decent game for players who love aircraft, jets games etc but i'd hoped for more for my money!!
Anyway I enjoyed playing it I am not thrilled but it could have been much much much better..
Guys... give freedome to the gamer next time.
I never really got on with the online game as I kept getting shot down by children who must've gone to school at Top Gun! That's my problem though. I have the same problem with Call of Duty, I guess I can't compete with the younger generation. I'm sure it's great fun if you can get to grips with it.
All in all I'm happy with this game. I bought it because I enjoyed HAWX and wanted more. I got it. The criticisms of this series are fair but the game is what it is.
I FEEL THE NEED.... THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Terrible game the missions are hard as hell and the tutorial is too long. Overall it's a pretty dull and boring game just button mash and crash.Published 1 month ago by Charlie
This is a fantastic game if you like simulators - real missions / action - you are the pilot and the aircraft responds exactly how you would expect.Published 13 months ago by AK
Awesome I love this game I'm just a big kid having fun Cheers.Published 15 months ago by Anthony Quinn