- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Ebury Press; 1 edition (7 April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0091924936
- ISBN-13: 978-0091924935
- Product Dimensions: 19.7 x 2.8 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 346,509 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Tom Aikens: Easy Hardcover – 7 Apr 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"there is scarcely a recipe among the 200 that we don't want to do" (Mail on Sunday, YOU magazine)
"Tom is an amazing chef... This book shows you how making things yourself is really very easy with a collection of undemanding but rewarding recipes" (BBC Good Food)
Over 200 mouthwatering recipes for simple, easy informal food from one of the UK's most exciting chefsSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I find it really strange that someone has gave it a 1 star review, that is crazy! I only assume they have picked a bad recipe, and maybe did it wrong. Seriously. I've never left a cookbook a review, but I felt so inclined to do so here.
Buy this book, it'll be your best friend in the kitchen for a long time!
Try the lamb and sweet onion pita recipe, so tasty. ;)
Chicken marinated in yoghurt and mint with lime rice
Lemon couscous with lemon marinated mackerel
Lamb fillet with Spicy couscous
Bream marinated in soy and ginger
Lamb Provencal with 5 herbs
Looking forward to trying some of the other recipes out shortly.
If you want an 'easy' cook book try any of the Jill Dupleix books or James Martin. I'll be looking for an 'easy' way to move Tom's book on to a new home!
I like Easy, Tom Aikens' most recent cookbook, for several reasons.
(1) The recipes are easy to make. Even those with a longer ingredients list which may look daunting are executed in very few steps.
(2) The variety of recipes starts with breakfast and goes through desserts.
(3) The food is flavorful. The style is mostly British with a continental European influence, and a few bits of Asia here and there.
(4) There is a balance of heavier and lighter recipes, vegetarian and non- including fish dishes, so you can cook an entire healthy meal from this one book.
(5) The images are beautiful and there are many of them.
This is the perfect book for someone who doesn't have many cookbooks, but would like to have a solid general cookbook that covers all courses evenly. This is also the perfect book for someone who likes beautiful cookbooks, even if they never cook from them. And it is definitely a book for someone looking for great British sandwiches
There are a few recipes which left me scratching my head, such as the recipe for "Thai-style Rice" which is just "jasmine rice, salt, flavourings" and the instructions direct you to add any flavourings you like... Or the "Blueberry and Buttermilk American Pancakes" which are like what is served at Tom's Kitchen, but in the US, our pancakes are usually made on top of the stove, and served in a stack, not baked in the oven, and served as one giant pan-cake... But the flavor is the same. So these are not drawbacks, just curiosities.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really good recipes, easy and original. Particularly like the flageolet bean crumble, the honey roast chicken and spiced vegetable soup.Published on 7 Oct. 2013 by O. lawrence jones
Bought this as a gift for a friend who said she was delighted with it and loved the recipes. the carrot cake is really good.Published on 8 Nov. 2012 by Miss L
great book very accessible, great recipes made easy! ive used it at many dinner parties already. looking forward to the next one.....Published on 27 Aug. 2011 by becky