- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins (14 Aug. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007582919
- ISBN-13: 978-0007582914
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.1 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 55,331 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Tolkien On Fairy-Stories Paperback – 14 Aug 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
‘This book must be read… it goes far to explain the nature of Tolkien’s art and justify his success’ The Cambridge Review
About the Author
Verlyn Flieger and Douglas A. Anderson are both well-known Tolkien scholars, co-founders (with Michael Drout) of Tolkien Studies. Flieger's most recent books include Interrupted Music: The Making of Tolkien's Mythology (2005) and the Extended Edition of Smith of Wootton Major (HarperCollins UK, 2005). Anderson's most recent books include The Annotated Hobbit (HarperCollins UK, 2003) and the anthology Tales before Tolkien: The Roots of Modern Fantasy (Ballantine US, 2003; mass market edition 2005).