on 6 August 2016
Looks pretty and vintage - all the things I love. However, most of the projects look so amateur: not amateur in a naïf art style but amateur as if made by children. Many of the makes look like they wouldn't last five minutes with a real baby! Only one project that I would make but not worth the price of a book for that.
on 4 March 2011
This type of book usually has two or three projects that are inspiring but this is full of them. It is beautifully photographed with some clear and simple illustrations and instructions.

There are a couple of 'fillers' that I can't imagine anyone would be bothered to do, for example the egg cosies but these would possibly make good projects to try with older children. Most of the projects are made using recycled fabrics, often old children's clothes or vintage curtains which I think is great and may inspire others to recycle and reuse garments that would otherwise be thrown away. (It does mean though that however beautiful you think the finished item is, you won't be able to accurately reproduce it but isn't that part of the joy of making something that it is completely unique?)

I'm looking forward to starting a new project but in the mean time I'm enjoying pouring over this lovely book. Would definately recommend.
on 27 February 2012
I'm used to going through craft books and picking out one or two bits I'd like to make, but this one is crammed full of lovely projects for both beginners and the more experienced seamstress. All the projects are sewn, the majority realistically need a sewing machine or a lot of patience, but there are few projects in here that I wouldn't love to have in my home.
on 24 February 2013
I have already made some of the projects in this book and plan to make many more as my grandchild grows up. The instructions are clear and well illustrated which I found particularly helpful although I also found it easy to adapt some of the ideas so that I could use material already in my sewing collection.
on 27 March 2012
I agree with the other comments-this is a lovely book and I am planning to embark on some of the projects very soon. My only critisism is that the patterns are printed in pale pastel colours so that they have to be printed in colour, otherwise the paler shades don't come out. This uses a lot of ink! Perhaps the next edition could add a black outline.
Of course there's always the good old tracing paper!
In all other respects this is an excellent book.