Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 July 2004
Pat Hutchin's "Titch," first published in 1971, tells of poor little Titch, who has a sister Mary, who was a bit bigger, and a brother Peter, who was a lot bigger. It seems everything his big brother and sister have is always bigger and better than what Twitch has to play with each day. But then one day Titch discovers that something little can grow very big indeed.
If you have a family like I do, where there is a boy, a girl and a baby, then "Titch" is a nice way of letting your youngest know that being the youngest does not always mean that you have the least important role to play. Hutchins tells his story with an economy that will make an impression on any young child old enough to recognize that being the youngest is not a lot of fun sometimes. Even better, Hutchins has a series of books devoted to Titch, which means that once you child is hooked on the character, there are more books for them to read.
on 8 April 1997
As the youngest in my family, I have appreciated this children's book more than any other. It accurately portrays the feelings of insignificance the baby of the family may have while watching older siblings experience things first. Titch is finally validated when his seed not only grows big, but is necessary to make what his siblings have useful; even more than being equal, he is needed. As a child, I had this book in paperback; recently, I received a hard-cover copy. I am now 26 with this book on my shelf, always ready to provide a smile. I plan to give this book as a gift to any "youngest" I know!
on 5 October 2014
Just what I wanted for my Ourselves topic for my Reception class! The book has been a round a long time but is perfect for reading and discussing when we focus on growing up and how the children have changed since they were babies. The book contains nice simple pictures too.
on 23 September 2012
This book is a lovely story, particularly suitable for 5-6 year old children. I ordered this book to use in a literacy lesson with my year 1 class and it was greatly enjoyed by everyone. It was a good quality book at a very reasonable price.
on 11 January 2012
I love this book. When my son first noticed the changes over time he spent ages going through the book looking at different things. Kept him quiet for ages - though afterwards there were a thousand and one questions to answer
on 29 May 2013
One of a series based on TV programme, ideal to read to the youngest in the family. Read it to a group at the library.....very popular!
on 4 March 2013
Great classic of a story which i remember from when i was little. bought it to share with my nephews who love it as well.
on 9 February 2013
a great book for early years settings and a child at home to introduce children to the conception of size
on 13 July 2013
I bought this for my daughter as she is homeschooled and we were doing a project on plant lifecycle. its a simple but good book and was in very good condition.
on 29 September 2013
got this on my kindle i can't even read it,it's so small. from the reviews i thought i was buying the book not a nonreadable music score very disapointed. :(