Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 18 May 2013
I have always shied away from Titanic based fiction because, let's face it, no matter how you dress up the story, you know how it is going to end = the ship is going to sink, and nothing will change that. So I was pleased when I found I really enjoyed this story. The main theme running through the book is the romance between ordinary girl Emilia and super rich Carl, and this made really good reading. At first I did wonder if I was reading a sequel, because there is a "story before the story starts" which is revealed in good time, so that Emilia is a "woman with a mystery in her past" when we meet her.
You know virtually from their first meeting that Emilia and Carl are attracted to each other, but the author still manages to keep you interested, wanting to know if, how and when they will take matters further and to what end, knowing the fate that is in store for them.

There are some wonderful colourful characters in the book including the busy body matrons who are determined to keep the couple apart for their own selfish reasons as well as the evil Mr Barker who has his own plans for Emilia. The descriptions of the ship, its crew and passengers on that maiden voyage really bring the story to life in such a way that whilst reading the book I actually forgot that the ship was going to hit an iceberg and sink, and was really quite shocked for a moment when disaster struck. I found that the part of the book dealing with the iceberg and sinking was well paced and gripping reading and went on for just the right amount of time, without taking up hundreds and hundreds of pages so that I didn't lose interest.

The author has obviously done an incredible amount of research for the book, and it certainly pays off.

Highly recommended romance read.
on 25 October 2015
This was a beautiful story and very true to the actual events. I visited the Titanic Museum in Cobh, Ireland recently and the Museum foyer where you bought tickets for the tour was the actual office where people bought their tickets so many years ago (Queenstown). The Museum tour took you around cabins like on the Titanic and you saw the pier where it left Ireland and the sinking of the Titanic and all the people on the boat who were mentioned in the book were depicted at the Museum.
Amanda Grange certainly did her homework to gather the facts and she is to be congratulated on her talented writing and making her story so gripping to the very end.

Such a tragedy and must have been an awful experience for the survivors.

Highly recommended
on 8 June 2004
I took this book out of the library and then I bought a copy. I loved it. It was a much better story than the one in the film, though I love the film, too, but I didn't like the ending. In this book, I was really on the ship with the characterss and I loved 'seeing' round the ship as the heroine went exploring. I loved 'seeing' all the famous passengers, too. When the ship started to sink Titanic Affair was literally unputdownable. A keeper.
on 19 July 2016
Although this was an enjoyable story, which had obviously been well researched, somehow the descriptions of the opulence and grandeur aboard the Titanic were not quite as vivid as in some of the other Titanic stories I have read.

Emilia's character was rather difficult to fathom and it was hard to understand why Carl would be so attracted to her with so many knock-backs. Carl, however, appeared as a far more charismatic personality.

This was well written but suffered from lack of proof-reading. It had a rather abrupt ending, I thought.
on 27 December 2013
As a massive Titanic buff and the proud new owner of a Kindle, I decided to purchase this book a few days ago and ended up reading most of it in one sitting! I'm not the biggest of romance fans, but this was really quite wonderful to read. I wished it could've been a bit darker, and certain plot points could have been expanded or a bit more well-written, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Well worth two quid!
on 31 December 2012
A happy ending! Much more satisfying than the film!

This was a lovely story. Knowing the story of the Titanic I was dubious about reading this but I am glad I did. The detail about the Titanic was really interesting and informative and the characters were great as Amanda Grange's characters always are! There was a particularly great back story to the hero and the heroine in this one. A sweet plot with some interesting twists and turns right to the very end!
on 17 May 2012
Credit to Amanda Grange. She has managed to create a wonderful romance whilst capturing the splendor of the Titanic.
Emilia is fortunate to be offered a first class stateroom on the liner's maiden voyage. On the ship she is subjected to the snobbery of the upper class, is fleeing from the threats of Mr Barker and falls in love with the charming Carl. Later in the novel, when the fated iceberg is struck, Amanda Grange is able to paint a vivid picture of the disbelief then horror felt by the passengers.
Once I started this book, I did not want to put it down.
on 6 May 2012
My first novel by Amanda Grange, and what an accomplished writer she is. She manages to bring a freshness to this famous story and her well-researched detail brings both colour and depth. Told from the aspect of the first class passengers, snobbery, treachery and callous disregard of others are well portrayed and the heroine is both delightful and feisty. This is a story of danger and suspense, not only from the iceberg - and a truly romantic one that I found page-turning. Highly recommended.
on 24 April 2012
For a long time, I've been searching for a fictional story set on the Titanic...and I finally found the perfect one! A lot of books I've read have been diaries of survivors, or stories where not much research had been done into the Titanic tragedy. This book has it all, I actually downloaded this to my Kindle when it was free...but I would pay a lot more than the £3.60 that is charged! One of my favourite books of all time :)
on 14 July 2004
the Titanic Affair has a wonderful balance of romance and historical fact woven into it and in my opinion is so much better than the movie. From the decadent settings to the deadly collision, Amanda P Grange makes sure the reader is there every step of the way. Once you start reading this book, it's impossible to put down